Friday Favorites: For the Pups

Friday, October 19, 2012

Happy Friday everyone! I'm so excited to be over at Total Basset Case today sharing a little about my pups. I love her blog and you will find lots of fun stories and pics of her basset hound Floyd (he is such a cutie!) If you are stopping by, welcome to Life, Love & Puppy Paws!

If you are new to my blog, I like to share some of my favorite Pinterest finds (or other fun things from around the Internet) as my Friday Favorites. Since this Friday I am over at Sarah's blog talking about my pups, I thought it would be appropriate to share some of my favorite things from Pinterest for the pups. I love finding recipes and tips for fun things on Pinterest, and was so excited when I came across some items for the pups. Here are some fun things I have come across recently.

Dog shower station - wouldn't this be such a cool idea for a Mud Room, or even as part of your garage? It would be so wonderful not to have to get dog hair all over your bathroom, and I love the idea that the dogs can easily get in and out of the shower.


Source: google.ca via Jen on Pinterest


Beefy Heart Dog Treats - I love being able to make my own dog treats. It's great knowing what you are giving your dog, and aren't they cute. Would be perfect for Valentine's Day. You can find the recipe for these treats here.



Homemade Frosty Paws - I know that Abby loves ice cream and we used to get her a pup cup from the Dairy Queen every once in a while when she was a pup. This recipe is great because it's only 4 ingredients, and are items that you probably already have on hand. I am sure my pups would make a mess of these, so probably a better idea for when its nice and sunny outside -- let them make a mess outside, and then wouldn't that shower be nice to have? Ha!

Source: food.com via Jen on Pinterest


Make your own dog leash and collar - There are a ton of cute collars out there on Esty, but some of them are kind of pricy. Here is a tutorial that shows how you can make your own. Now I haven't priced out all of the materials, so not sure if it would cost more or less than Etsy, but it might be fun to make one of your own and pick out the fabric of your choice.

Source: sew4home.com via Jen on Pinterest


Kool Dogz - What a great way to keep your dog busy and cool in the summer. Just freeze water and chicken stock with toys, carrots, treats, etc., then freeze and let your pup have some fun. You can buy the Kool Dogz mould here. A small bucket might work also.

Source: fetchdog.com via Jen on Pinterest


Homade Dog Treats - Don't these treats look like little chocolate cookies. I mean they look good enough for me to eat. This is another easy 4 ingredient recipe with ingredients that you could even eat, well if you really wanted to eat a dog treat that is :)



Fun Dog Blankets - Here is a fun tutorial on making cute mini blankets that would be perfect for smaller pups to curl up on. My pups just love curling up with blankets, and these are so cute that you could actually make them fit in with the decor around your house. I will for sure have to look into making a few of these to have around for the pups.



Built in Dog Bed - Wouldn't this be a fun thing to build into your cabinents, well if you had a really large house and had the extra room. It would probably be fun for kids to play in as well.



Build in dog feeding center - Another really cute idea for your dream kitchen. You could keep their food and treats in the little drawers above the dog bowls. Of course my pups would probably lift out the bowls and still drop them around the kitchen to get our attention that they are hungry. Does anyone else's dog ever do this? Ha!

Source: houzz.com via Jen on Pinterest


What fun things are you pinning this week? Have you seen any fun recipes or tips for dogs? Please share as I am always looking for fun stuff like this! And if you are on Pinterest, share a link to your page and I'll look you up :) You can find me on Pinterest here.

Happy Friday!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Loving all of this! I've been promising Sherman Frosty Paws for way too long now. I'll be printing out that recipe or sure. Oh and that feeding center?! Ahhmazing. But I would make it have about 10 bowls so I could have 5+ dogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of these ideas! I may need to try out the make your own leash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Found you though Floyd's friends and love your blog! New Follower!! Can't wait for more
    Helene in Between

    ReplyDelete
  4. Newest follower here! I found you through the Friday blog hop! Cute blog, I can’t wait to read more!
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That frozen block filled with toys is such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!