Napoleon's Fashion Show

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I have never really had a dog small enough to dress up. Poor Abby is a little pork chop, and you can't find anything to fit her. I'll admit that in the past if anyone was to ask me I probably would claim I would never dress up a dog, even if I did have a little one. But deep down inside, I do think it's cute when little dogs are dressed up a little, just not too overboard or prissy.

Photobucket

Well I soon learned that Rick's dog Napoleon has a little case of the fashion bug. He has a few outfits, that I believe his Grandma has bought him, and he is just too cute when he is all dressed up. I thought it would be fun to do a little Napoleon Fashion Show to show off his favorite outfits. Doesn't he look like a little fashion model in the pic above? :)

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

This is Napoleon's Wishbone Jacket. Do you know, or remember, who Wishbone is? According to Rick, it was a TV show back in the 90's where this little dog dressed up in different clothes and acted out different characters from classic literature. I had never heard of this show, but I guess you learn something new every day right...ha!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

This is his preppy polo shirt. It has little whales on it, and you can't tell, but I have popped the collar of his shirt. This is one of my favorite outfits.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Napoleon also loves argyle, and it's the prefect sweater to keep him warm for fall.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Here is his winter coat. I put this on him last night and he got so excited he started to zoom around the living room and kitchen. I think he might have thought he was going out for a walk. According to Rick he does get very cold out in the snow, so it's important to have a warm winter coat that is also stylish.

Now as I mentioned above, I have never really been able to dress up Abby, but I do remember one time that I did dress her up. One year my parents got her a Snuggie for Christmas. Here she is in her Snuggie...doesn't she look so happy?? :)

Photobucket

I'll be honest I was really jealous because I wanted a Sunggie, and Abby was the one who ended up with one. She only wore it for a few mins because it was so tight on her she could barely move. She looked like a stuffed sausage, but she was a cutie!

What do you think of dressing up animals? Do you dress up your dogs/cats? I am excited to get Halloween costumes for them this year. I have the perfect costumes for Napoleon and Bryn. I already had a costume from last year for Abby and I am debating on having her wear that again, or get her a new costume. We will see what I can come up with.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. You are getting sillier by the minute!!!lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be my favorite post.
    Ever.

    I so wish I could dress up Sherman. Honestly, he might let me. But I think Dan would leave me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish Toby liked clothes! He chews them off :( Great blog! LOVE IT!

    Lura
    x

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!