October Foodie Penpals Reveal

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Last month I signed up for the October Foodie Penpal over at The Lean Green Bean. Lindsay, over at The Lean Green Bean, is a Dietetic Intern, on her way to becoming a Registered Dietitian, and is also from the Columbus, Ohio area. She posts lots of healthy recipes and tips, and each month she hosts a Foodie Penpal swap. This was the first time I signed up for something like this and it was a ton of fun.

I was paired with Shannon from A Pinch of Ginger. We soon found out, after swapping addresses, that we work for the same parent company. It was funny when we started IM'ing each other at work, since we are both on the same communications system. I mean what a small world!!

I just loved all that Shannon sent to me. Below is a picture of all of the items that I received.

Photobucket

My package included:

Trader Joes Cookie Butter - this stuff if amazing and if you have a TJ's near by, run right out and get some. It's like peanut butter, but it has crushed gingersnap type cookies in it...so delish!

Trader Joes Fig Butter - this is also really good, and I have the perfect recipe to use it on, the Pioneer Woman's Fig-Prosciutto Pizza!

Trader Joes Dark Chocolate Bar with Caramel and Black Sea Salt - I have been snacking on this for the last week and am suprised it has lasted this long. It is so good and so rich and decadent. I have been forcing myself to eat only a little at a time. I will for sure be picking up more of this at TJ's.

Tabora Apple Butter - this is an apple butter from a shop that is local to her area, and it was so good. We enjoyed it the other day on some toast and english muffins when we had breakfast for dinner one night.

Lychee Black Tea - also from Tabora, this is an Asian tea that is scented with the lychee fruit. I am so excited to use this. I have a little tea ball to strain the tea, I just need to find it from the move and try this out soon! It smells so good though!

Tuscan Blend Spice & Autumn Blend Spice - these are also from Tabora and I am so excited to try them both out. I was thinking of maybe using the Tuscan Blend on some chicken, and the Autumn Blend on either a Butternut or Acorn Squash. They both sound so good, and I am excited to try them out!!

Chardonnay Sea Salt - I have always wanted to try out a flavored sea salt. Shannon mentioned that you must wet this salt first before rubbing it on. I need to do some research and find the perfect way to use this. So excited to try this out, along with the other spices!

Puppy Treats - I thought it was so sweet that Shannon included some treats for my pups. They just loved them and it was a nice touch to include them in the package as well.

Thanks again Shannon for the awesome package and to Lindsay for hosting this swap. It was a lot of fun and I look forward to participating again soon! 

Oh and to check out what I sent to my Foodie Penpal Courtney, check out her blog So Many Miles, So Little Time. In this swap you actually send to one person, and receive from another, so it's a fun way to meet new people and find new interesting blogs to read! :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!