Remembering My Apartment

Friday, November 30, 2012

Yesterday I turned over the keys to my apartment, which has been my home for the last 8 years. This was a bittersweet moment because although I am super excited for the next chapter in my life, there were some amazing times spent in this apartment. I was so shocked that I got a little emotional yesterday afternoon after turning over the keys.

Today I wanted to share some of these fun moments, as well as some pictures of my apartment, just as a way to remember it.

This was my single girl apartment, so obviously it was pretty girly. I also had a pink Christmas tree and pink decorations (I'll have to see if I have pics and share in a seperate post).

This apartment was also the hub for many of my friends. It was the place we would all get together before going out clubbing, and the place where we all ended up at 2 am eating McDonald's around my breakfast bar.

It was also the place for many New Year's Eve gatherings, a few Memorial Day cookouts, and even a Single Girl's Valentines Dinner.

I will miss hanging out by the pool with my girlfriends listening to music, snacking on goodies and adult beverages, and catching up on the latest gossip. It really was an amazing pool, and you felt like you were on vacation, as opposed to hanging out behind the leasing office.

I'll also miss living on the golf course, and seeing all of the golfers drive by on a sunny day. Abby will miss barking at the golfers, as well as barking at all of the squirrels. I personally won't miss her barking at the squirrels, or her catching them...true story...ha!

So here are some pics of my old apartment, and please note these pics were ones I have found over the years, so there may be a mash-up of holiday decor mixed in :)

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


This is the outside of my apartment.

Photobucket


And here is Miss Abby's spot. Every day when I returned home she would be in the window waiting for me. The neighbors would comment seeing the beagle in the window every day...ha!

Photobucket


Here is the living room

Photobucket


And another view of the living room.

Photobucket


From the living room, looking into the kitchen.

Photobucket


Here is the dining room, obviously around Easter.

Photobucket


And here is the kitchen. This is the baby gate which was my attempt to keep my Bad Beagle out of the kitchen.

Photobucket


Another view of the kitchen.

Photobucket


Here is the guest bath, which was a full bath, and also included a closet with the washer and dryer.

Photobucket


Another view of the guest bath, this time with Fall decor.

Photobucket


Here is the master bedroom, although this was a few years ago, and my bedding had changed since then.

Photobucket


Another view of the master bedroom, and the window that Abby would always greet me from.

Photobucket


Here is the master bath. It's a full bath and the walls were painted a butter yellow.

Photobucket


Another view of the master bath.

Photobucket


And here is my patio, off of the living room. I spent many summer days out here reading books and magazines. The beagle enjoyed laying in the grass, keeping watch over the neighborhood.

Photobucket


Here she is as the neighborhood watch dog...ha!

So that's it! Thanks for letting me reminisce :)

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Good memories from the past will turn to good memories for the future! Happy moving!
    -Jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really nice place! Also- I have the same couch :) Here's wishing you the best in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great apartment. It does look like you had a good history there. Love the beagle in the window and in the back yard keeping watch. Too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!