A Very Merry Christmas - 2012

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas full of fun family time and awesome memories. We had a wonderful Christmas, and I am very sad that it's over. Christmas has always been one of my favorite holidays, and I always get a little sad when it's all over :(

So to remember all of the good memories from this year, here are a few pics and a quick recap of what all happened over the holidays for our little family. I'll have more pictures tomorrow of some more fun activities from over the weekend.

Photobucket

Here is our Christmas tree, with all of the presents from us. We ended up opening our presents from each other over the weekend. Rick ended up getting me a Canon Rebel digital camera and I am loving it! I can't wait to learn more about the different settings. Hopefully over the next year or so, we will see a big improvement in my picture taking skills :)

Photobucket

Here is a close-up of the presents, using my new digital camera. Almost all pics from this post are from the new camera. Hopefully I can look back and compare to next year's pictures and see a vast improvement...ha!

I got Rick a couple of Chive t-shirts, speakers for his bike, and a seasonal beer of the month club membership. He loves beer, and this is a gift that keeps giving all year long!

We spent Christmas Eve with my side of the family. When we showed up at my parents house, these two cuties came running up to me with big hugs!

Photobucket

All ready for church...aren't they just cuties! And the look so grown up in their church outfits.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

We went to the Christmas Eve service at my Mom's church. I love how it looks all decorated for Christmas. The Christmas Eve service is one of my favorites!

Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket

We also took a few pics in front of the tree at the church. I think they turned out pretty good. I love the one of me and Rick with Jack. It looks like we have a little family. My brother said he would be more than happy to rent out the kids for a bit :)

Back at my parents house, we had Christmas Eve dinner, which consisted of a ham, mashed potatoes, peas (as requested by Jack, he says my Mom's recipe for peas is the best...it consists of peas, butter, salt and pepper...simple, but the best!) and corn casserole. Lots of yummy food!

Photobucket Photobucket

The kiddos then got suprise jammies from Santa, who always drops them off on the front porch before bedtime on Christmas Eve. Rick and I also got a pic of us in our Chive Ugly Christmas Sweater t-shirts.

Rick and I did go back home on Christmas Eve, and then got up super early on Christmas morning to drive back to my parent's house (about an hour away), to see the kiddos open their presents. We arrived about an hour after Santa had arrived, and the kidds were wound up!

Photobucket

Here they are showing off all of the gifts Santa brought!

Photobucket Photobucket

These kiddos must have been very good, as Santa brought them tons of toys! Jack's favorite gift was a guitar, and Izzie got a suitecase for when she visit's Grandma!

Photobucket

They also got some stylish clothes from Aunt Jenny. Doesn't Izzie look like she is a fashion model posing!

We then headed back home to let the pooches out before we headed north to visit with Rick's family. We had Christmas dinner at his parent's house and opened even more gifts. Overall we were pretty spoiled, and also really enjoyed watching everyone open up the gifts we had picked out. It's funny how as you get older you enjoy others opening your gifts as much as opening your own :)

When we got back into town late Christmas night, we realized the pups needed to open their presents. They had waited very patiently all day for their gifts from Santa...poor pups!

Photobucket

They didn't really understand that they were allowed to open these presents. I guess we had yelled at them enough over the last few weeks to leave things alone under the tree, they were probably a little afraid to open their gifts...ha!

Photobucket

So after a little help, they got to see their Christmas stockings full of toys!

Photobucket

Bryn loves the plastic toys, which we ended up having to take away from her because she keeps eating them.

Photobucket

While Abby and Napoleon loved the stuffed ones.

Photobucket

We got Napoleon the blue toys, but he insisted on playing with the purple one. He is very secure in his manhood I guess! Ha!

Photobucket

After a few mins, this is what our living room looked like...stuffing everywhere!

Photobucket

And then poor Abby curled up amongst the wrapping paper, and took a nap. Opening presents is exhausting!!

Once again, hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and thanks to everyone who has been following along our little piece of the blog world! We look forward to sharing even more fun things throughout 2013!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a great Christmas! I love the photos of the pups wit their toys :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!