Wildlights at the Columbus Zoo

Friday, December 28, 2012

On Saturday night, we met up with some of Rick's work friends at the Wildlights at the Columbus Zoo. This was my first time seeing the Wildlights, which is crazy considering I've lived in Columbus for about 13 years now...ha!

It was so much fun to see all of the Christmas lights, and we even got to see a few animals that were still awake! Here are some fun pics that I took that night. The first few were with my new digital camera, which was somewhat of a challenge to take without a tripod. But I did my best, and next year they will probably be even better...ha!

Photobucket


This area had a light show and every 15 mins or so the lights would dance to Christmas music. It was so much fun to watch and the lights against the pond were so pretty.

Photobucket


There were carts all over selling hot chocolate, popcorn and all kinds of other goodies to help keep you warm.

Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket

This was inside the aquarium, and it was so peaceful inside. It was kind of dim inside, to help set off all of the Christmas lights, and watching the fish and manatee swim around was so soothing. I wanted to stay forever!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

I love seeing the polar bears, so of course I had to snap a pic on the way to see them! They were outside, but sleeping, and we could hardly see them :(

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

This moose was also so cute!

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Another of my favorite animals to see at the zoo are the flamingos! For some reason I just love tropical Christmas lights!! They makes me feel a little warmer in this cold weather! It was pretty chilly that night, but we ended up getting some tasty hot chocolate, which helped keep us a little warm :)

Have any of you ever gone to the Wildlights, or have something similar in town?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That looks like so much fun! When I lived in San Diego I would go to the zoo which put up lights there. We recently moved to Hawaii, so very different! The ice cream truck did play Christmas music :)

    I'd like to invite you to join our weekly Sunday/Monday Meet & Greet Blog Hop. Come link up and join the fun if you have time this weekend!

    http://createdbylaurie.blogspot.com/2012/12/sunday-monday-meet-greet-blog-hop_29.html

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!