Friday Favorites: Favorite Pinterest Home DIY Projects

Friday, January 11, 2013

Happy Friday everyone!

Who is happy that this 5 day work week is almost over? We have been complaining all week long at work that this has been the longest week ever!! I know we are awesome employees right...ha!

So I have totally been on a home DIY kick lately. Lucky you!! Yesterday I shared with you my Project List/Goals for the Winter, and today I wanted to share some of the fun pins I have had on my Home Sweet Home board, just waiting for a rainy day to complete. Well, folks, the cold/rainy days are here, for at least a few more months (although today is going to be 60!! Crazy!!), so this chick is gonna get stuff done!

These are the projects on Pinterest that I actually want to complete, and think that we can actually do so. Many of my friends joke that they just like to pin pretty pictures on Pinterest, and I actually complete the projects. That is so very true. I do like pretty pictures, but I usually only pin items that I really want to do myself. Well, there is a "these things are pretty board", but for the most part, it's usually things I will end up doing at some point in time...when I get the time right.

So here are the things we definitly want to complete in the next 6 months or so. Let me know what you think. Are there any projects you are just dying to make on Pinterest? Please share as I am always looking for fun DIY projects!

Bathroom Mirror Frame - I would love to do this in our 1st floor half-bath, and maybe if it works out great we will put one in the Master Bath and upstairs Guest Bath as well. We will see how the first project goes...ha!



Dining Room Curtains - I love how they treated the curtains on this double door. We have a sliding glass door in our dining room, and Rick and I have been talking about how we want some sort of window treatment that we can close for privacy, but also will let in lots of light during the day. I love how they placed the rod higher than the doors to make them appear taller. I also love that fabric and want something similar but maybe in a taupe or a sage green to match the color we have picked out for the kitchen/dining room.

Source: bhg.com via Jen on Pinterest


Wood Plank Wall - We have a similar stairway down to the basement, and I would love to recreate this plank wall. I have a sunflower picture that I would also hang which I think would look nice against the wood planks.



Photo Wall - For our upstairs stairway, I want to create a photo wall with pictures of our family and friends. I will probably start my planning process soon, and may use this method to help plan it all out and figure out how many and what size frames I need to purchase.



Cork/Message Board - I love this Pottery Barn knock-off message board. We are planning on making our 2nd bedroom a Guest Room/Office, and I think this would be a pretty/decorative way for a message board. Not sure if Rick will let me make it so girly, but we will see...ha!



Wine Glass Chair - I would like to eventually get adirondack chairs for the back deck, and am wondering if Rick can find a way to cut out wine glass holders. He loves cutting things up with tools, so I bet he can :)

Source: thechive.com via Jen on Pinterest


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Those sound like great project ideas, I can't wait to see how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely pining after some framed mirrors. We have these HUGE mirrors in both the guest and master bath and they're soo ugly. I'm also about to do a chalkboard wall I think I want to frame. Just soo much measuring, lol Good luck with the projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I love the groove in the wooden chair for the wine glass. That is a definite DIY project :)
    I am following you from the hop and would love for you to follow along.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-true-meaning-of-love-for-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Putting curtains on a double door is SUCH a good idea - my in laws could use it as their french doors don't work well in the winter!

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!