My Trip to Maui

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

As I mentioned in my Best of 2012 recap, one of the highlights of 2012 was a trip I took to Maui with one of my best girlfriends Katey. It has always been a dream of mine to go to Hawaii, and I was happy to be able to cross something off my bucket list.

This time last year we were getting ready for our trip. And since it's been cold and icy here these last couple of weeks, I thought I would try and warm us all up with some of my favorite pics from the trip.

The views are amazing, and it is so picture-perfect every where you go. Here is the view from our balcony...

Photobucket

...and to prove that this is not just a postcard, here I am standing on our balcony...ha!

Photobucket

The beaches were really beautiful, and so unique with different lava rocks along the beach. I think I took a million pics of cool rocks covered in algae and what not :)

Photobucket

And here is a view from lunch one day at Mama's Fish House. I mean who wouldn't want to eat lunch and look at that view every day?

Photobucket

On one of our first nights we went to a Luau...

Photobucket

...and the sunset was gorgeous!

Photobucket

The dinner show was based on a Hawaiian story. Here is the beginning of the performance...

Photobucket

...and some more of the dancers. It was so hard trying to take a picture because they kept moving their hips so quickly...ha!

Photobucket

We also went on a helicopter ride...

Photobucket

...with more gorgeous views. This one is of some of the many waterfalls...

Photobucket

...and an aerial view of the water.

Photobucket

We also went out on a catamaran to go snorkling...

Photobucket

...and here I am on the catamaran in one of the cute sundresses I purchased in Maui! I just wanted to lounge around in this all day long! It was perfect to throw on over your swimsuit!

Photobucket

I am deeply afraid of the ocean, so snorkling freaked me out so much. They dropped us in 100 feet deep water, probably a couple of miles from shore. I did manage to capture a few pics with an underwater camera, but they all kind of looked the same...ha! I didn't really come across many fish...thank goodness! I know that defeats the purpose of snorkling, but the few fish I saw seriously almost gave me a heart attack. I don't know what I would have done if  had really seen something really cool. I was super glad I did it, but I am not sure if really cured my fear...ha!

Photobucket

We also went on a Road to Hana tour. It was an 11 hour tour via bus that took us along the Hana Highway, and right around the Haleakala mountain. This mountain has rainforests on one side, and a desert on the other, so there were a ton of amazing views that we got to stop and take pictures of along the way.

Here I am in front of one of the waterfalls...

Photobucket

...and the black sand beaches were also so beautiful!

Photobucket

We also enjoyed a lot of pool time...

Photobucket

and stared up at views like these!

Photobucket

I think I read about 4 books that week between the plane ride and lounging at the pool!

Maui, take me back!!

Photobucket

Have you ever been to Maui or to one of the Hawaiian islands? I totally want to go back and maybe visit another island. It is so beautiful and there are so many fun things to do while you are there. If you ever do go to Maui, I would highly recommend the Road to Hana tour and the helicopter tour.

A hui hou! (good-bye, until we meet again)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Those photos are beautiful, it looks like you had an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to live on the big island and then later on Oahu. I could see Maui from the big island and I could listen to the Maui radio stations. I do miss it. Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!