Quick & Easy Chocolate Fix

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Do you ever have those moments where you just need a chocolate fix? But you have cleaned out your pantry, and thrown away all the junk food at the beginning of the year, with the goal of getting more healthy? You start to debate on eating a spoon of Hershey's syrup, but the realize you don't have any of that also?

Well, I might have had this happen just last week. So what do you do, go to Pinterest. One recipe I came across, that was very intriguing, was microwavable chocolate cake. And the best thing, all of the ingredients were already in my pantry. If you are a baker like I am, I would say there is a 99% chance they are all in your pantry also. I actually tried out a few different recipes, and ended up making a version of my own. It was very important for me to test this out, for all of you :) Here is my winner so far:

 photo 2minChocCake_zps58448148.jpg


Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup of flour (I used gluten-free all purpose or almond flour would work)
  • 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbs melted butter
  • 1 egg

Directions:

Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl, and then spoon evenly into 2 greased ramekins. Microwave for 2 mins and then enjoy!

Rick and I decided that next time we are going to add some chocolate chips, and he wants to also add some vanilla ice cream. I hear that adding some Nutella on top is also pretty tasty.

This weekend I also made Energy Bites. I have had this recipe pinned forever now, and I am not sure why I never got around to making these. I think I might have to make them every weekend from here on out. They are a-maz-ing!! And so super simple, and somewhat healthy! Double win!! Make them today...I promise you will thank me a million times over! (ok enough with the !!!)

 photo EnergyBites_zps7b9dc00c.jpg


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup old-fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl until well combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 mins. Then form mixture into balls and try not to eat all of them at once. I am keeping mine in an airtight container in the fridge. I am also forcing myself to only have 2 per day, or at least 2 at a time.

So what do you do when you need a quick chocolate fix?

Today I'm linking up with Katey over at Keep Calm and Carry On and Steph over at a Beautiful Mess for their Saw It, Pinned It, Did It link up. Check it out for even more fun Pinterest projects!

Photobucket

Follow Me:

 Follow Me on Pinterest http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Twitter Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Bloglovin

8 comments:

  1. mmmm! anything with chocolate is a-ok with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Energy bites are my go to. They are extremely healthy depending on what you add in them! I make mine weekly and had some for breakfast this morning :) the cake looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made smores for my chocolate fix this week. I had all the ingredients from the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I can't believe you microwaved that! That is wild! It reminds me of the chocolate melting cake on Carnival Cruise Lines... it looks seriously just like that. I'll have to try it out and tell you how I like it. Oh, and if you want to link up I'm doing a Five Facts link up for everybody who got left out from the whole Instagram trend... or even if you didn't get left out. Super easy and fast to write. Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better... I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    thelifeofbon.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look and sound amazing! Can't wait to try that 2 minute chocolate cake. The only thing I'm missing is some cocoa powder, so maybe I'll just keep that on hand! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes and yes! These both look SO good and healthy!! Love it! Thank you for linking up with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look wonderful!! I will have to try these! Enjoying your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man...that choco cake looks delish! I need another choco fix for the day! I will have to make my own!

    Andie's Traveling Pants

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!