Random Wednesday: Random Things About Me

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

One of my goals this year for the blog is to share some more personal things about me and learn more about my readers. Today I wanted to share some random facts about me, that maybe even some of my closest family and friends don't even know about :) Here goes:


1.  Lately I am obsessed with scarves and have quite a collection these days. I also have a love of cardigans.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Here are my lastest finds that I picked up at Loft the other day. I am just loving all of the coral and peach colors as it makes me feel like Spring is on it's way...even with all of the snow all over the ground. I am actually wearing the little striped/bird scarf today with an orange sweater. I just couldn't get over the little bird print...they look so sweet!

2.  Sometimes I crack myself up, and will start laughing so hard I am doubled over. Rick finds this hilarious, and then tells me I'm a dork because he usually doesn't find the same thing funny at all. Of course I don't usually care, as I just KNOW I am a funny person...ha!

3.  As I mentioned in my Maui post, I am seriously afraid of the ocean. I LOVE the beach, and walking along the ocean, but have no desire to get in it. The thought of jellyfish or sharkes getting me will keep me up on the beach. I went jet skiing one time and I swore that a shark was going to jump up and bite my ankles.

Photobucket

In Maui last year I went snorkeling hoping to overcome this fear, and almost had a heart attack when a fish swam up to me.
4.  I am slightly dyslexic and am always switching numbers around. I am especially bad at reversing phone numbers and am always calling the wrong people by accident. Good thing we have numbers saved on our cell phones these days!
5.  My weakness is fresh baked cookies – chocolate chip to be exact. I can pass up a piece of candy, cake, cupcakes, brownies, but if you set a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie in front of me, I’m a goner.
6.  I can’t watch movies that have animals get hurt or die. Seriously, I don't think I watched any part of the fight scene in the last Twilight movie. I didn't really care about the vampires, but got so upset every time I heard one of the wolves cry out...gives me chills just thinking about it. And let’s not even talk about the ending to Marley & Me. I think I was a complete disaster for about 24 hours after watching that movie.
7.  I LOVE to dance and will always break a move out on the dance floor. I may have also been known to dance around the kitchen while cooking dinner, especially after taking a Zumba class at the gym. Those classes just always put me in a dancing kind of mood, and I'll dance all night long. 
8. I am kind of a spreadsheet geek. I love putting together spreadsheets to organize anything from my budget to lists.
9.  I have a problem with collecting dishes, serving platters and cookbooks. I am starting to run out of room, and I fear someday Rick is going to realize what is going on.
10.  I am obsessed with organizing in containers/bin. Everything needs to have its own little place to live and then everything is ok in the world…well according to me.
11. I am super obsessed with Instagram. Sure I am on Twitter and Facebook, and status updates can be cool, but I'm a visual person and would rather see pics of cool outfits, babies and puppies! Please feel free to follow me on Instagram (jhastin12) if you are just obsessed. I can't promise pics of babies (since I don't have kids), but I sure have lots of pics of puppies!!
So anyone out there reading this, I'm interesting in finding out about you now. Tell me a fun random fact about you. And if you have a blog, share your URL so I can stop by and learn more about you!

Linking up today with:


and

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like we have a lot in common! I, too, am hilarious, even if no one else thinks so I crack myself up. I'm always dancing, and I'm obsessed with making spreadsheets! This was a fun post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the stripes you've been rocking lately!

    xo, Emily
    bluedogbelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That striped cardigan is darling!!!!

    Aubree
    lookfeelbebest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!