Weekend Recap: Kiddos, a Fish Fry, Juicers and New Kicks!

Monday, January 21, 2013

Happy Monday everyone!

Did everyone have a fun weekend? We had a pretty low-key weekend. We actually didn't really end up doing much this weekend other than a quick trip to Z-ville to see my family and spend time with my niece and nephew for the afternoon. Here's what went down this weekend.

We got to spend time with these little cuties:

 photo Kids_zps02f0caf5.jpg
{ I just can't get over the pig tails }

And they provided some lovey portraits for us to take home:

 photo Kidspics_zpsd8833b3b.jpg
{ I am on the left, Abby is on the top-right, and Rick is on the bottom-right,
in case you can't tell }

Saturday night Rick and I decided, after watching Trisha Yearwood on the Food Network, that we needed to have our own little fish fry. I have never fried a thing a day in my life, so this was an experience, but it turned out so good!

 photo EF8E1814-6079-4EB3-9B7B-B161B0458F4B-4523-000003E98AC98294.jpg

We had fried fish, hush puppies, and baked sweet potatoes (we were trying to keep it somewhat healthy!!).

 photo 45C0F6F9-7154-4544-B075-1D54298A90A8-4523-000003E9839E5F83.jpg

And finished off with peach cobbler. I'll be sure to share the recipes soon in my Menu planning post.

I also made a few big purchases this weekend. First off, I finally broke down and purchased a juicer. I love fresh juice, and have been wanting to find a way to get more fruits and veggies into my diet. This is a great way because it extracts the good stuff out of the juice, and removes all of the pulp. I have a ton of trouble with fiber, due to my IBS, so this allows me to be able to eat more fruits and veggies, but not get a ton of fiber. I am loving it so far, and will have to share some juice recipes as I find some great ones. So far I am just experimenting, but haven't come across anything I don't like yet.


{ Source }

This is the juicer that I bought, which is the Breville Juice Fountain Plus. I purchased at Bed Bath and Beyond, with my 20% off coupon, rock on!!

I also purchased some new running shoes. We stopped by Fleet Feet yesterday, and I finally got fitted for running shoes. I had never done this before and is was kind of a fun experience. They put you on a treadmill, and have you run in your barefeet, while they video tape you...kinda awkward...ha!

They told me I am over-pronating, which means when my feet hit the ground, my feet roll towards the inside and put pressure on my arch. This is possibly the reason why my knees and my feet hurt when I run. I ended up purchasing these pretties, which should help provide more arch-support:
{ Source }

I am so very excited to try them out tonight. I have been putting off running lately because it's just been too hard on my body. I knew I needed new shoes, but they are somewhat of an investment, so I kept putting it off. I have actually been using the eliptical machine more lately because of this, but even Friday night my feet started hurting on the eliptical machine, so I figured it was time to bite the bullet and get some nice shoes.

Have you ever been fitted for running shoes? I was pretty impressed, and I think Rick is going to go back today and get fitted for shoes also. He really wants me to start running with him, so we will see how well the shoes help! I think the new shoes were the motiviation I needed to get my butt back into the gym!! We shall see :)

Also, check out Allie's Giveaway over at A Day in a Joyful Life!! It's a $100 gift card to any store!!

Linking up with:


Photobucket

Follow Me:

 Follow Me on Pinterest http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Twitter Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. New follower from Allie's giveaway! I'm having my own 100 follower giveaway if you want to check it out! Look forward to getting to know you!
    -Heather @ From Here to There
    www.feather10.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a great weekend! I've considered investing in a juicer and good running shoes, but I haven't done either yet. The benefits of both seem fantastic though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those pictures. Kids are the best artists. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got hubs some new running shoes. He was having the same problem!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!