Beet Citrus Cleanser Juice Recipe

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Happy Thursday everyone! You know why I am excited today? Well yes we are only one day away from the weekend. But it's also time for Saw It. Pinned It. Did It.

This week I have a juicing recipe to share. I have recently jumped on the juicing bandwagon, and am loving it. Before you go...really, another juicing freak, let me explain why I love juicing. I am not a huge fan of veggies, and I really don't enjoy eating them raw, which is supposed to be the most beneficial way to eat veggies and get the most of the nutrients in them. Plus, my belly doesn't tend to do well with lots of veggies, especially raw ones, so juicing allows me to get my daily serving of fruits and veggies without any belly issues. Plus the juice just tastes good!

So today I want to share one of my favorite juices so far. I'm calling it the Beet Citrus Cleanser and my inspiration came from this pin. I originally came across the inspiration for this recipe from Iowa Girl Eats, and it's actually from her sister-in-law's blog. I just had to pin it for future reference, and am so glad I did.

 photo IMG_0424_BCCJuice_zps54b40900.jpg


Ingredients:
  • Handful of spinach
  • 1/2 lemon (peeled and seeds removed)
  • 2 cutie oranges (peeled)
  • 1 apple (seeds and cored removed)
  • 2 carrots
  • 1/2 beet (peeled)

Directions:

After prepping all of your fruits/veggies, start your juicer. I juice the first three ingredients on low, and then switch to high for the last three ingredients. Then pour into a glass and enjoy!

 photo IMG_0419_Juicing_zps60bda7f8.jpg


I love how it looks before you stir it up.

A couple of tips I have learned:
  1. I find it's best to take apart your juicer and rinse all of the parts right after juicing. It makes cleanup so much easier. I tend to wash with soap and water every couple of days.
  2. Make sure to remove all seeds, peels and what not, and cut fruits/veggies into smaller pieces. Some juicers say you can just throw it all in, but I am hoping this will extend the lifetime of my juicer motor.
  3. Lemon and citrus fruits help to sweeten up some veggies. Ginger will help also. The first time I made this juice it tasted rather earthy...or like Rick put it, like potting soil. I have since then tweaked the recipe :)
  4. They claim that if you are going to juice only fruits, it's best to drink them in the morning since they tend to have higher sugar content.
  5. It's best to include some veggies to help balance out the sugars.
  6. I wash my spinach in water and keep it damp when I juice it. It seems go better through the juicer. If it's too dry it might just fly around and stick to the sides of the juicer.
  7. I haven't had very good experience using frozen (then thawed) fruit. I didn't get much juice out of frozen strawberries.

Another couple of fun recipes are:

Carrot-Ginger Juice
  • 3 carrots
  • 2 apples
  • 1 inch of ginger

Orange Julius
(tastes just like the ones from Orange Julius - remember those from the food court at the mall?)
  • 3 cutie oranges
  • 2 apples
Do you juice? If so, what are your favorite juice recipes?

For more fun Pinterest projects, check out Katey over at Keep Calm and Carry On and Steph over at a Beautiful Mess for their Saw It, Pinned It, Did It link up.


Photobucket


Follow Me:
Follow Me on Pinterest http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Twitter Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. You know I love juicing so I love seeing other concoctions! Juicing is so good for you I'm kinda addicted to it now. Thanks again for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All this juicing lately is making me want a juicer, haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for new recipes and this one looks DE-LISH! I really need to try this whole beet thing! (Sidenote: I don't even know where to find them in the store lol) Thank you for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!