I love Alpacas! (& Basil)

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

So I have a secret confession to make today. I absolutely love alpacas! I love how they are awkward, but yet also somewhat cuddly and cute looking. I might also have dreams of someday owning a small farm where we can have a few. It will be like a Martha Stewart type farm, all pretty and perfect, and no smells or cow manure to step on. It’s my dream right, so it can be that way!

I have never been to an alpaca farm before, but I have looked them up online to see if there are any nearby that I can visit. There are a few in Ohio, so I am hoping maybe we can check that off of my bucket list sometime this summer.

 photo IMG_0697_Edit_zps3d20ba11.jpg

Thankfully Rick is just as crazy as I am, and he helps fuel my obsession of alpacas. For Valentine’s Day he got me an alpaca planter from Anthropology. I think the sales girls thought he was nuts when he said he was getting this for his girlfriend for Valentine’s Day. Little did they know, I actually loved it!

 photo IMG_0698_Edit_zps08f41904.jpg

I named her Georgie, and planted some basil in her. I told Rick that alpacas like basil, so it was only necessary to give them what they want. He was like “is that right?”

Rick’s family is thinking of getting a few alpacas someday. Rick’s dad said this is in thanks to me. If they do, I might secretly pretend its mind and give it a name. Rick said they might let me name it anyway…ha! Then I will secretly hope that these alpacas have lots of babies so I can really have one of my own someday when we own a house with some land.

 photo IMG_0702_Edit_zpsa4dca59d.jpg

For now I will continue to enjoy my little alpaca planter, with the cute little cotton tail, who provides me with lots of fresh basil. I also really love basil, so it’s a perfect match. Me and my little Georgie.

Do you love alpacas?

Linking up with Because Shanna Said So for Random Wendesday, and This Kind of Love for What I'm Loving Wednesday.

Photobucket

Follow Me:

http://www.buttonshut.com/Follow Me on InstagramFollow Me on PinterestFollow Me on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. Haha! I love your alpaca! Very cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they are adorable too!

    Stopping by from What I'm Loving Wednesday!

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your love of alpacas! They are pretty cute. We almost bought some alpacas but the people we were buying from weren't ready to part with them ha ha. My dad still really wants to buy some!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!