Tasty Tuesday: Chicken Florentine Pasta

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I made this recipe for the first time on Sunday, and it has quickly become one of our favorites. It is a Pioneer Woman recipe and I haven't come across very many of her recipes that I didn't like. The funny part is that this dish is labeled one of her cowgirl dishes, aka chick food, but...shhhh...don't tell Rick. He really liked it, and I did as well :)

It was a rather easy dish, and one that you can quickly put together. I modified the recipe slightly because 1. Rick cannot eat spinach, so I substituted green peppers, and 2. I ended up using canned tomatoes because tomatoes this time of year are expensive and aren't very good. Both of these modifications worked out really well, and I encourage you to try this version. I really liked the flavor of the fire-roasted tomatoes and the green peppers helped to give the dish more texture.

 photo ChickenFlorentinePasta_zpsd915601d.jpg


Chicken Florentine Pasta
Inspired by The Pioneer Woman

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound pasta
  • 4 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1.5 cups low-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 large green pepper, sliced into thin strips
  • 1 can of fire-roasted tomatoes (drained, but I reserved the liquid to add to my left-overs)
  • Parmesan Cheese

  • Directions:
    Begin by preparing the pasta according to the package. While the pasta cooks, cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and brown on all sides in a pan. Remove the chicken from the pan and add the olive oil and garlic. Cook the garlic for about 30 seconds, careful not to burn. Then add in the chicken broth and green pepper strips. Cook until the peppers are tender and the broth has reduced by half. Then add the tomatoes and chicken, and cook for about 2 mins to heat everything through. Remove from the heat and then add the pasta. Toss to coat. Serve with some parmesan cheese and enjoy! I reserved some of the liquid from the tomatoes just to moisten up the pasta a little for left-overs.

    Do you have a favorite Pioneer Woman recipe? I have another recipe from her latest cookbook that I am planning on making this week. It sounds delish, and if it turns out awesome, I will for sure post it next week.

    Linking up today with Tasty Tuesdays.

    Photobucket


    Follow Me:
    http://www.buttonshut.com/Follow Me on InstagramFollow Me on PinterestFollow Me on Twitter

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    We love hearing from you!