Anniversary Dinner at Cooper's Hawk Winery

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Last Thursday Rick and I celebrated our one year anniversay. It's so crazy to think that we have only been together for one year. We have spent so much time together over the last year that if feels like I have known him forever! But I guess that is a good thing right?!?

So for our anniversary, I asked Rick if we could try the new Cooper's Hawk Winery that just opened up at Easton. I have heard wonderful things about it, and have been dying to try it.


What's so fun about Cooper's Hawk is that it is a restaurant, but they also have a tasting room where you can try out all of their wines. At first we were planning on just having dinner, but we didn't anticipate that it would be super busy on a Thursday evening, so we ended up trying a few wines while we were waiting on a table.

I tried the Viognier which includes aromas of honeysuckle, guava, and peaches. I was intrigued by the honeysuckle and I was very happy with this wine. It's very smooth and doesn't have a strong aftertaste like some wines do. It's not overly sweet, but also not overly dry. I also tried the Cooper's Hawk White which is a semi-dry with flavors of citrus fruit, lemon grass, and pineapple. This was a suggestion by one of the manager's because I had mentioned that I liked my wines not too sweet and not too dry. It was good, but I think I might have liked the Viognier just a little more. I also tried the Almond Sparkling Wine, and oh my I loved this!! The description states that the aromas will remind you of fresh almond cookies. We totally need to go back for this!!

 photo 0C24E480-FEF3-44A9-A754-8DAC3768A3C9-441-0000001AE31EE574_zpsdc80eb71.jpg
{ Top: Rick's meal; Bottom: My meal }

I was very impressed with their gluten-free dinner menu. Typically when you ask for a gluten-free menu they give you only a handful of options, but this menu looked similar in size to the normal menu. And both menus had wine pairings with each meal. I ended up getting Dana's Parmesan Crusted Chicekn which was a chicken breast crusted with gluten-free bread crumbs and grated parmesan. I also got the jasmine rice and Mary's potatoes as sides.

Rick got the Seafood Cannelloni which was pasta stuffed with scallops and jumbo shrimp, whipped ricotta, potato, chicken chorizo, and herbs and topped with crisp tortillas, avocado, and zesty ancho tomato cream. We both loved our meals!

We ended the night with dessert which included a chocolate-covered strawberry, chocolate truffle, and a cheesecake lollipop.

 photo 4071976F-C1A1-4E2F-88CA-3DC0475F6FAE-441-0000001AE53571A8_zpsd8f7aa9d.jpg

It was the perfect night and I am so glad that we were able to find a new fun restaurant to celebrate our anniversary.

Linking up today with Shanna from Because Shanna Said So for Random Wednesday and Jane from Taingamala for Wednesday Walkabout.
Photobucket

Follow Me:

http://www.buttonshut.com/Follow Me on InstagramFollow Me on PinterestFollow Me on Twitter

6 comments:

  1. That looks like a great dinner, I want to try almond sparkling wine now! Happy anniversary! I know exactly what you mean by not being able to believe you've only been together "x amount" of time because it feels like forever in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great evening out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This all looks delicious and I love that they had a nice GF menu, always a plus! A cheesecake lollipop?! That sounds amazing.

    This will have to go on our 'Easton' list- I told the hubs how cute of an area it was and really want to take him back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funnnn! I've heard good things too. I'm excited because there is one coming soon to Cincinnati.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love wine tasting! We found a really neat place in Scottsdale and they had the best cheese platter. Those desserts sound good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from the link up.

    You guys are cute together, love the picture of the two of you. Happy Anniversary! Love that they have a gluten free menu, celiac is really common amongst my family.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!