DIY Spring Wreath

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Today I wanted to share with you my new spring wreath. I actually found this idea from a new blog that I recently came across, and had to pin it for later. You can find the inspiration pin here.

 photo SpringWreath_zps59a6f5fa.jpg

This was such an easy project, and took only about an hour or so to make.

 photo IMG_0958_Edit_zpsb5dc8bc6.jpg

Here are the supplies you need:
  • 1 wispy grapevine wreath (JoAnn's, see image and link below)
  • 4 bunches of faux yellow forsythia flowers (Michaels)
  • 2 bunches of white flowers (Michaels)
  • 1-2 bunches of purple flowers (JoAnns)
  • Glue gun and 4 or 5 glue sticks
 photo wreath_zpscf71d98b.jpg

Here is what my wispy grapevine wreath looked like when I started. You can find a similar one here.

Directions:
1. Cut the yellow flowers off in large bunches with wire cutters and glue them on first making even coverage around the wreath. I ended up following the curve of the wreath, and just glued the bottom of the stems in between the grapevine twigs.

2. Cut your purple flowers into smaller bunches with wire cutters and glue them the same way, filling in any holes. I ended up gluing these in a little shorter than the yellow flowers to be more in the center.

3. Cut your white flowers into smaller bunches with wire cutters and glue them the same way. I ended up putting these more around the edge.

4. I filled in the center section of the wreath with smaller bunches of the yellow flowers to cover up all of the glue and stems to finish it off.

5. I then found a place to hang some twine on the back and tied the twine in a knot. Then hang and enjoy!

 photo IMG_0956_Edit_zps2c36c595.jpg

I totally love how it turned out, and am hoping it will bring a little spring to our front door (and keep the snow away!).

Linking up today with Katey over at Keep Calm and Carry On and Steph over at a Beautiful Mess for their Saw It, Pinned It, Did It link up. Check it out for even more fun Pinterest projects!


Photobucket

Follow Me:

http://www.buttonshut.com/Follow Me on InstagramFollow Me on PinterestFollow Me on Twitter

8 comments:

  1. So springy! We have a shared front door in our building, I can't wait til we have a "real" front door so I can hang seasonal wreaths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I think I need to make one. I always get sucked into wreaths! :) So cute. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I need to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I love pretty things that are easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so pretty!! This project may be in my near future:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful wreath! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous wreath!

    Happy Pink Easter!

    Easter Pink
    Your comment is always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!