Deck Makeover Part 1 (+ Puppy Pics!)

Monday, April 8, 2013

As you may have seen in my Friday Favorites post, last week we purchased some furniture for our deck. This weekend I finished part 1 of our deck makeover, and I absolutely love it! I am calling this part 1 because we still need to bring out our palm trees and plant some herbs and flowers. In Ohio, it's not safe to plant flowers until the last frost, which is usually the first of May, so we have another month until we can finalize our deck makeover. Until then, I wanted to share what we did this weekend.

 photo photo_zpsc3bfec75.jpg

Friday afternoon I purchased some pillows and accessories and set everything up. Bryn was my little decorating helper.

 photo IMG_1098_Edit_zps96494b10.jpg

I purchased the pillows and the little lantern from Pier 1.

 photo IMG_1100_Edi_zpsef6c629c.jpg

The side chair belongs to the set that last year we had out front. I may purchase another chair for out back so we can still have the set out front. I think I might get another pillow for the side chair also.

As I mentioned, we still need to add our palm trees, and I want to purchase a fern or two. Oh and I have plans for a succulent garden to add to the little table and a vertical herb garden to go in the corner. So many ideas, so little time.

The weather this weekend was amazing! It got up to 70 degrees on Sunday, and we just had to take the pups to the park to run off some energy. I also wanted to try and get some outdoor pics of the pups. They were so excited to be outdoors that it was kind of hard to get them to stop moving enough to get cute pics. Here are a few of my favorites :)

 photo IMG_1125_Edit_zpsd404e8c7.jpg

I'm just loving her fuzzy ears in this pic.

 photo IMG_1123_Edit_zpsff3bcc30.jpg

Bryn looks so happy here.

 photo IMG_1115_Edit_zpsb3a6be66.jpg

Napoleon was being sassy and was being a little diva not letting me take his pic. This is his sassy look...ha!

 photo IMG_1163_Edit_zpscf216b74.jpg

Just look at that face...I could eat her up!

 photo IMG_1161_Edit_zpsf8dbfe1b.jpg

I might have been bribing him with a chip...he is like...Jen, give me that chip!

 photo IMG_1160_Edit_zpsdd1cbbf0.jpg

Our little brown-eyed girl!

 photo IMG_1155_Edit_zps2342447d.jpg

She looks so innocent here. Don't be fooled!

Hope you are having a wonderful Monday! I have some delicious recipes to share over the next couple of days, and an office makeover to share on Thursday for the "Saw It. Pinned It. Did It." link up, so make sure to stop back soon!


Linking up with:



 
Photobucket

Follow Me:

http://www.buttonshut.com/Follow Me on InstagramFollow Me on PinterestFollow Me on Twitter

7 comments:

  1. Love the deck makeover!! And those pillows add so much pop. Looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww all those puppy faces are too cute and your deck looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bright pillows and SUCH great shots of the pups, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those puppy shots are awesome! The ears!!! Ahh so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following you from the Monday Mingle hop! I hope you will stop by Swanky Baby and follow us too! Have a great day!!

    Swanky Baby
    swankybaby.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait until I have a deck I can spruce up like you did. Looks cute!

    Stopping by from the Mingle :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the pillows you picked for your deck furniture. they are really cute! what type of breed is bryn?

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!