My Expertise: Hoarding Cookbooks

Thursday, May 2, 2013

In case you missed my post from yesterday (and why would you...ha!), I am joining Jenni from Story of My Life's blogging challenge to blog every day in May. Today's topic is to "Educate us on something you know alot about or are good at. Take any approach you'd like (serious and educational or funny and sarcastic."

I'll admit this was one of the harder posts to write. Why is it so hard as women to admit what we are good at. I keep thinking of things I am good at, but I am no expert. So I am taking the more sarcastic route today and sharing how I am an expert at hoarding cookbooks.

 photo null_zps6b83ee17.jpg

{ Exhibit A }

I have a love of cooking and I think even more than actually cooking, I love to watch cooking shows and buying cookbooks. See those two shelves in the picture above, besides a few photo albums, these are all cookbooks. I would love to say that I pour over these every week, plan my menu and then make fabulous dishes every night of the week. But, I don't. I just buy them, look through them a couple of times, and then put them on the shelf.

 photo PioneerBook.jpg

I am obsessed with purchasing my favorite Food Network Star or blogger's cookbook. The ones I cherish are my Paula Deen and Pioneer Woman's cookbooks because they are signed. Geek...I know!

I also have two large binders full of recipes (one alone for desserts!). They are all fancy and have a cover and dividers all decorated with scrapbook paper. These binders are busting at the seams because there are so many recipes that I have collected from websites and blogs. I am also starting a fine collection on Pinterest. This is my new favorite way to save recipes. I can quickly scan for the one I am looking for, and can access via my laptop or my tablet which is so much more easier than scanning through a million recipes in my binder. And if I am out running around and decide to make something on the spur of the moment, I can access via my phone and pick up any ingredients at the store.

So there you have it! If you are interested in becoming a cookbook hoarder youself, feel free to contact me at lifeloveandpuppypaws@gmail.com (or if you feel like turing me into a clinic, I would understand). I should probably now go and look at a few of my cookbooks and try a new recipe this weekend right?

Tomorrow topic is "things that make you uncomfortable." This one should be fun right...or maybe very uncomfortable. We will see.


Photobucket

Follow Me:

http://www.buttonshut.com/Follow Me on InstagramFollow Me on PinterestFollow Me on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. That's a lot of cookbooks! It's great to have if they motivate you to try new recipes, but I agree that it's easier to keep recipes on a Pinterest board or somewhere easily accessible and searchable. I'm sure you're fantastic at tons of things, by the way :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you must really love to cook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did something very similar today! I wish that I had a cookbook signed from the Pioneer Woman! I do use her cookbook often. I love just looking through cookbooks sometimes and pretending that I will actually cook something from them one day. It might happen. =)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!