I've Come to Realize...

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Last week Holly from Hey Hollywood had a post titled “I’ve come to realize”. It was fun post because she answered a survey around 4 years ago about things she has come to realize, and then compared them to how she felt today. It was fun to see how her answers had changed in only a few years.
I started to think about all the things I’ve come to realize in my 30-something years, and thought it would be fun to share. So here it goes!



What I’ve come to realize between then and now:
-- That Mom was always right (just don’t tell her I said so). And at some point in time, you will become your mother.
-- That a cup of hot tea (or wine) and a bubble bath can solve many problems. And if that doesn’t work, a good night’s sleep will at least clear your head so you can solve said problem in the morning. (BTW: I learned this from my Mother...see point above).
-- That life sometimes gets in the way of any good plan, especially if your plan doesn't match up with God’s plan.
-- That everything happens for a reason. And 10 years later it will hit you like a frying pan to the head…oh that’s why that happened.
-- That working hard (and having a college degree…sadly) won’t mean you will automatically get ahead. Chances are you will have to toot your own horn, network like crazy, and kiss a few butts.
-- That people come in and out of our lives for a reason.
-- That the people you meet before meeting your soul mate will make you a better person for when you meet “the one.”
-- That every once in a while you need to splurge on a decadent dessert and a good pair of designer shoes.
-- That man's best friend sometimes has 4 legs, a fuzzy coat and a wet nose.
And to end my words of wisdom on a lighter note, I’ve come to realize this is what a 6-year old looks like playing baseball:
 photo IMG_1365_1_zpsa8426832.jpg

On Saturday we got to watch my nephew's last baseball game of the season. It was so fun to watch him play, but I'll admit, the game was a little boring. There was a lot of this...

 photo IMG_1372_1_zpsca869fe8.jpg

and some of this...

 photo IMG_1370_1_zpse6ee0be9.jpg

{ My bro was playing catcher...doesn't he look 6 here! }

Oh, but Jack did hit the ball and made it to first base.

 photo IMG_1368_1_zps4f831da0.jpg

{ He had just hit the ball here, and was probably like...what do I do now? }

 photo IMG_1375_1_zps483b5a5c.jpg

It was a fun time though, and glad that I got to see him play!

On another note, did everyone in the Illinois, Indiana, Ohio area survive the Derecho storm last night. I had not idea what a Derecho was, but apparently we had one last year that knocked the power out in some areas for over a week. Let's just say everyone was a little nervous and we did do a little bit to get prepared (had extra ice in the freezer, brought in the plants/patio stuff so they wouldn't fly away). Thankfully our power stayed on, no trees that I saw had been blown over, and it sounded like just a bunch of hard rain. 

I do have to admit we survived the storm thanks to Napoleon. He barked and growled every single time it thundered (and this happened at 1:30 in the morning mind you). He my only be 14 pounds, but he was determined to save us from this big bad storm. Abby on the other hand (who is almost 30 pounds), slept on my chest, shaking the whole time, like a big ol baby! Gotta love our pups!

Linking up today with Hey Hollywood for a I've Come to Realize linkup.

Photobucket
Follow Me:

http://www.buttonshut.com/Follow Me on InstagramFollow Me on PinterestFollow Me on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with a good cup of tea makes problems "go away" hahah!! love tea!! And I like how you put it that people you meet before the one makes you prepared for the one...that was definitely true for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same with you on everything happens for a reason...it may not make sense at the time but in the end it will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to think that eventually hard work (and my college degrees) will pay off. I guess we will keep working and kissing butt to find out ;) I too believe that people come in and out of our lives for a reason.

    Thank you so much for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!