Weekend Recap (The Ohio State Fair, Road Trips & Sleepy Beagles)

Monday, August 12, 2013

Happy Monday! I am a little behind on my weekend recaps, so today I'm sharing two weekends in one.

 photo null_zps5dcc4eca.jpg

Last weekend Rick and I went to the Ohio State Fair with some good friends.

 photo null_zps19e35bc1.jpg

We started off our fair adventure with some Ohio wines and beers. Perfect way to kick off a fun evening if I do say so myself!

 photo null_zps92adbe8e.jpg

We then enjoyed some delicious fair food, including this Krispy Kreme burger...yum!

 photo null_zps4360b7c1.jpg

We of course had to also enjoy some fried Oreos, fried Nutter Butters and fried Smores. The fried Oreos were my favorites. The fried Smores were a little disappointing. I think the graham cracker got a little soggy when it was being fried. Rick really liked the fried Nutter Butters.

 photo null_zps67dac5f0.jpg

We of course had to play some games. Jackie had to show the boys how it was done.

 photo null_zps550455e2.jpg

She of course won and took the top prize!

 photo null_zps63f9612a.jpg

We also visited some of the animals. Here is a baby calf...born at the fair.

 photo null_zps7d1f23a0.jpg

And of course the chickens. I keep telling Rick I want a fancy chicken with the pom pom heads.

This last week Rick and I were on vacation (recap to come as soon as I go through my 250+ pictures). This weekend was spent in the car and catching up on laundry...not so much fun.

 photo null_zpsb637fa3b.jpg

But I did want to share a fun pic from our car ride home. When we were around Lexington, KY, we passed a trailer with a llama in it. I have a slight obsession with alpacas and llamas, so of course I got super excited. I told Rick that this llama was saying "Hi Jen!" when we passed by. I think he thinks I am nuts! Ha!

 photo null_zpsb0247b5a.jpg

Abby is super glad we are home. She has spent the last week with my parents and the kiddos. She is super exhausted and has slept pretty much since we got home. The other pups are still with Rick's parents until Tuesday, so Abby is also enjoying being the only child for a few days. She is super happy about that!

I'm hoping to share some vacation pics in the next couple of days so come back for my recap on the Smoky Mountains, Gatlinburg TN, Asheville NC, and The Biltmore Estate. We had an amazing time, and I'm sad to be back, but happy to be back into our daily routine.

Linking up today with Life of Meg for Mingle Monday and Sami's Shenanigans for Weekend Shenanigans.

Photobucket

Follow Me:
http://www.buttonshut.com/Follow Me on InstagramFollow Me on PinterestFollow Me on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. What fun weekends you have been having. I freaking love the pictures of the fair food. I have never had any of them but wow they look amazing. I bet that krisy creme burger was to die for! I'm drooling

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wine and food look delicious! And what a cute pup!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!