Confessions, Liebster Award and Fun Blogs You Need to Check Out!

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Today I wanted to share a few confessions. It’s good to cleanse the soul right???

1. I am a bad puppy momma.



I might have let Miss Abby’s toenails get a little or a lot too long, and two of them broke off too close to the wick. The vet had to sedate her in order to cut them off, and then she had to wear these little footie bandages. I keep thinking it looks like she is wearing socks. My poor baby beagle.

2. I have a slight obsession with alpacas.

I just think they are so cute, and I am hoping someday to have one or many. My short term goal is to convince someone to go to an alpaca farm with me to get to see some in person. It's funny because my obsession is starting to become well known with many of my family and friends and they are now posting pictures of alpacas on my Facebook Timeline.

My Mom posted this one yesterday…



And Rick’s sister posted this one a few weeks ago...



I mean seriously...are they not just too cute?

I was also recently nominated for a Liebster Award by Lacy over at Chosen.


As part of the nomination, I was asked to answer the following questions about myself and then post them on my blog to share a little about me:

1. Why do you blog?

I first started my blog because I was moving in with my boyfriend and I was excited about documenting this new journey of starting a little family with my love and our 3 pups. There are times when I get caught up on page views and comments, and wonder if anyone is really reading this thing, but then I take a look back at all I have documented and it makes me happy to remember all of the fun we have had over the past year.

2. Is your main job blogging or do you have a "real job"?

I do have a “real job” and work as a Senior Account Executive at an Advertising agency. If I were to blog full time, I would love to be able to travel and take pictures of lots of interesting places and blog about it. I really enjoy photography, and am in the process of learning how to use my DSLR camera and becoming a better photographer. My favorite things to photograph are beautiful architecture, gardens, landscapes, sunsets, etc. and I would love to be able to use blogging to share my passion and be able to share my view of the world. Some bloggers are writers at heart, but I am more of a visual/picture blogger, so I prefer to tell my story through pictures. I am currently working on making my blog more visually attractive and it’s also sort of fun to look back and see how my photography/blogging skills have changed over the last year.

3. If you could only eat one thing forever it would be?

Ok so this answer changes all the time, but right now I am obsessed with these salmon burgers from Giant Eagle, and these sweet potato puffs. I could probably also eat endless amounts of Chinese food and Chipotle.

4. Describe yourself in 6 words.

For some reason it's always been hard to describe myself. For me it has always easier to describe someone else than it is myself. So I thought it would be fun to try and describe myself, and then ask Rick to describe me as well. Here is what we came up with:

I describe myself as: kind, considerate, listener, worrier, analytical and goofy

Rick described me as: crafty, patient (I'm not sure if I agree with him on this one), thrifty, hypochondriac (sadly this is true), adventurous and open-minded

So there you go, you actually get 12 words to describe me :)

5. What is your cure for "bloggers block"?

Whenever I experience bloggers block I usually just take some time off. It helps to clear my mind and takes the pressure off of producing a post. I have also been known to quickly jot down my ideas, and then come back to it a little later and re-read/re-work. Sometimes if you spend too much time looking at a post, you may start overthinking or missing things. For the most part I typically write my posts at night, and then take a quick second look the next morning before I post just to see if I have missed anything.

6. What is the best book you have ever read?

I am a book nerd, so I’ll be honest it is really hard to pick just one. I loved The Help, and Water for Elephants and The Girl Who Chased the Moon. Some of my favorite authors are Jennifer Weiner, Jen Lancaster, Sarah Addison Allen and Emily Griffin. You can check out my Goodreads profile to see a full list of books I have read, and books I want to read.

7. Weird question: If you were something in nature ( tree, flower, cloud, star) what would you be and why?

I just love flowers and so I would definitely have to choose being a flower. They make me happy, and smell wonderful! I would love to be a sunflower, peony or hydrangea (my favorites!)

8. What is your favorite kind of music and why?

I love all kinds of music (except hard core rap or metal). But recently I have been into new country. I am loving Luke Bryan, Zach Brown Band, Lady Antebellum, Jana Kramer, Hunter Hayes, Miranda Lambert, Blake Shelton, and the list goes on!

9. What has been your favorite trip to ever take?

My favorite trip ever has to be my trip to Maui. It was picture postcard perfect. I also really enjoyed our trip to the Great Smoky Mountains and Asheville, NC (which I am currently working on recapping, but here you can find recap 1 and recap 2) mostly because I got to take this trip with my love. 

10. Do you have a favorite lifetime memory? What is it?

I'm having trouble thinking of a specific favorite memory, so I'm just going to say that some of my favorite memories are spending Christmas Eve with my family. It's one of my favorite times of the year. My Grandparents come to visit and we have a big family dinner and then head on over to the Christmas Eve service at my Mom's church. I think I just love that all of my family is together and the focus isn't on presents or decorations, just all about celebrating Christ's birthday.

11. If you had one day to do whatever you wanted, money is no object, what would you do? Why?

I would jump on a plane and fly off to Paris for breakfast, Greece for lunch and Italy for a romantic dinner with lots of wine and pasta. These are three places that I would totally love to visit one day and my goal is to eat my way through each country.

And my nominations, below are some of the blogs that I have been enjoying reading lately:

Carolina Charm - I really enjoy Christina's DIY and party planning posts, and I love her decorating style. She also hosts the 5 on Friday Linkup.

Classic with a Pop - Casey is so sweet and she has an adorable basset hound named Pierre. She also recently went to Napa and I'm enjoying her recap posts.

Embrace the Adventure - Jordan is a military wife and is currently living in Southern California while her husband is stationed there. I love her personal style and since I would love to visit the west coast, I am kind of living through her adventures.

Keep Calm and Carry On - Katie is such a sweet blogger, and she is also from Columbus (gotta support my local girls!). She has the most amazing wardrobe and I might have made a few purchases from her shopping posts. She also has some great Pinterest/DIY projects.

Life of Meg - Meg is recently married and she and her husband are such an adorable couple. Meg hosts Mingle Monday's each Monday and it's one of my favorite linkups. You can meet some amazing blogs through this linkup.

Married with a Pup - Katie is from Cincinnati, and is getting ready to welcome a baby girl into the world. She is one of the cutest pregnant women I know, and I am loving her nursery and baby shower recaps that she has recently posted.

Postcards from Rachel - Rachel started her blog when she was living abroad in Scotland. She is back living in the states, and has been recapping here travels abroad. She also has some awesome travel tip posts.

The Magnolia Pair - Britt is another sweet blogger, and she recently became a new momma to the sweetest little girl Scarlett. She is also starting her own photography business which I have been enjoying reading about since I would love to have a photography business of my own someday.

Total Basset Case - Sarah is another blogger from Cincinnati, you seriously need to head on over there and meet her basset hound named Floyd. She is an interior designer (another passion of mine) and her running/fitness posts make me want to get my bum in gear.

And here are my questions. Even if you aren't listed above, please feel free to play along, just leave me a link to your post in the comments below and I would love to check out your blog and get to know you better. I started reading Lacy's blog after she introduced herself a week or so ago so if you have been reading for a while, or even a short period of time, please introduce yourself. I love finding new blogs to read :)

10 Questions:

1. Why do you blog?

2. What are you passionate about?

3. What's one thing you cannot live without?

4. What are some of your favorite books/author's?

5. When entertaining, what's your go to recipe?

6. What is one of your favorite childhood memories?

7. What is your favorite place to travel or where would you like to travel?

8. How do you over come bloggers block?

9. If you had one day to do whatever you wanted, money is no object, what would you do? Why?

10. Describe yourself in 6 words.


Photobucket

Follow Me:
http://www.buttonshut.com/Follow Me on InstagramFollow Me on PinterestFollow Me on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. Aww thank you for including me with other such great ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I am dyyyying over your alpaca obsession. I've never even SEEN one of those before! And I have a weird obsession with sloths. I would die if I ever got to see one in person. Such random and cute lil animals!

    Hope your pup recovers quickly! The cone is the WORST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so sweet! Thanks so much for the shout out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too sweet!!! Thanks so much.

    I have to say that your trip (if money was no option) sounds like heaven! Couldn't have planned a more perfect day!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!