Copycat Fashion

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I have a confession to make...I am a fashionably challenged. When it comes to putting together an outfit, I need inspiration. Lately I have been charging myself with trying to be a little more on trend, and to dress up a little more than just my typical jeans and a t-shirt with a coordinating cardigan.

My other confession is that I cannot go into major department stores to shop for clothes. Large stores like Macy's and TJ Maxx stress me out because there are just so many racks of clothes to go through. And many times they don't have mannequins. I have been known to buy complete outfits (including jewelry) off of a display.

Today I wanted to share two of my latest favorite outfits, which were brought to you by mannequins. I didn't necessarily purchase the entire outfit at that time, but actually found ways to incorporate items I already owned as well...booyaa!

The first outfit actually was inspired by a display at C. Wonder. They had a polka dot shirt combined with this clover-like necklace which I had been looking at for a couple of months. I then found a cuter (and slightly cheaper) polka dot shirt at Loft, and just had to put the two together. Combine that with a super cute jacket I found at Target the other day, and I have a casual, but put together, outfit.

 photo IMG_1963_2_zps63bc47b5.jpg

 photo IMG_1969_4_zps879e0d0b.jpg

 photo IMG_1974_1_zps1ad8bc7a.jpg

 photo IMG_1976_2_zpsd8762513.jpg


{ Jacket: Target; Polka Dot Top: Loft (similar); Jeans: Loft; Necklace: C. Wonder;
Purse: Coach (last Fall); Shoes: Tory Burch }

My second outfit inspiration came from a mannequin at Loft. I had been wanting to find another way to wear my chambray top from J. Crew (I had been wearing it with white capris and colored shorts all summer), and when I saw a similar chambray top paired with this skirt at Loft I just had to purchase the skirt. I paired it with the same necklace from C. Wonder (you can get a better view of it below), and a pair of cute sandals. One way I might transition this outfit into Fall is that I may switch out the sandals with booties as the weather gets a little cooler (still in the 80's here in Central Ohio...Fall where are you??).

 photo IMG_2096_1_zps14853472.jpg

 photo IMG_2091_1_zps95611f14.jpg

 photo IMG_2095_1_zps8e64704c.jpg

 photo IMG_2093_1_zpsf6d73f67.jpg

{ Top: J Crew (similar); Skirt: Loft; Necklace: C. Wonder; Bracelet: Miss Chic;
Sandals: Kenneth Cole Reaction }


Photobucket
 
Follow Me:
http://www.buttonshut.com/Follow Me on InstagramFollow Me on PinterestFollow Me on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you look ADORABLE!!! I love that skirt - such a great pattern/colors for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! I love, love that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They've always got those mannequins/displays done up so well in my favorite stores - so why not copy?! Definitely a good source for inspiration, and I especially love the Loft inspiration. Chambray + skirt is a great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous looks!

    Thank you for linking up with Style Sessions!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!