Friday Favorites

Friday, November 22, 2013

Happy Friday all! I feel like I say this every week, but I am so glad it's Friday! This was a rough week at work, and next week is a short week, so I am a happy girl that we are going to have a little time off to spend with family and friends. We have some fun plans this weekend inlcuding seeing a few movies and a gender reveal party. I've never been to a gender reveal party, but I keep seeing them on all of these different blogs, so I am excited to finally get to go to one.

There were so many things I wanted to share as my favorites this week, and many of them included Christmasy things. But I'm holding off my decorating until next Fri (always must wait until after Thanksgiving), so I am saving those for next week. I have already started pinning some fun things I want to try, and if you can't wait until next week, you can find my Holiday Pinterest board here. So what am I loving this week?

1. Favorite Casual Outfit 

Favorite Casual Outfit


I have been wanting to recreate this outfit on Pinterest, and I finally have. I already had the chambray top from J. Crew, and I purchased some similar boots from Just Fab. I finally completed my outfit with these denim leggings and cute infinity scarf from Loft. I have been wanting to try some sort of leggings, but was afraid they would be too thin and revealing for work and I would feel like I was wearing yoga pants. But these are made of thin black denim, and they are thick and hold everything in place. Once you ladies get into your 30's you will know what I mean...ha!

2. This book


I have been working on finishing up this book by the weekend so we can go see the movie with our friends Jackie and Nate. I am about half way done, and am hoping for some downtime on Saturday afternoon to finally finish it. So far it's really good, and I can't wait to see the movie! I'll be sure to share next week my thoughts, but promise note to spoil it :)

3. Pumpkin Smoothies


The Pioneer Woman made these Pumpkin Smoothies on her show last week and I am super excited to try them out. I froze some pumpkin pie filling, just need to pick up some yogurt which I forgot at the store. Again, will definitly share what we think. 

4. New Chalkboard Idea


I decided earlier this week that I should work on a new chalkboard design for Thanksgiving. Of course I still haven't gotten around to it, and Thanksgiving is less than a week away, but I still might try it out this weekend just for fun. I found this desin on Pinterest that I really like. It's an Etsy print, but I am thinking I can possibly try and recreate. 

5. This Video



I came across this video on Facebook, and have decided if we ever have a little girl, I hope she is as intelligent as these little girls. I just hope they don't make this big of a mess...ha!

And for more Friday fun, check out the Five on Friday linkup hosted by ChristinaDarciApril and Natasha. Also linking up with Lauren from Style Elixir for Friday's Fab Favorites and The Diary of a Real Housewife for Friday Favorites.




Photobucket

Follow Me:

http://www.buttonshut.com/Follow Me on InstagramFollow Me on PinterestFollow Me on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. Love the outfit! I really want a shirt like that!

    Come link up with me today!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit!! LOVE the #5 video- I went to an all girls college and I had to share with my fellow graduates!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that casual outfit. so cute. and now wanting a pumpkin smootie! YUM! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I loved that video too. Catching Fire was such a great book - I'm hoping to see the movie this weekend too. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!