Decking the Halls - Our Christmas Home 2013

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The tree is decorated, the stockings are hung, and now it's time to really celebrate Christmas. Here are a few pics from our Christmas home.

 photo IMG_247_1_zpsfb4790aa.jpg

Our tree this year is a Douglas Fir, since our Fraiser Fir last year was infested with bugs. Here's to hoping no more bugs this year! The star (slightly crooked, but gotta love real trees and their quirks) was from Pier 1 last year, and I made my tree skirt last year as well. You can find the DIY tutorial here.


 photo IMG_2448_1_zpsb9d3d75c.jpg

Remeber a few weeks ago when I mentioned my pom pom project? Well here is my pom pom garland for the mantle. It's so soft and looks so cozy. The stockings were purchased this year from Crate and Barrel, the holders were from Target (few years ago). The two little trees were from World Market this year. And the sweater beagle pillow is from Macy's (last year). Do you spy a little beagle napping in the bottom corner?

 photo IMG_2445_1_zpsfd170d3a.jpg

Deer is from World Market, Silver tree from Pier 1 (few years ago), and frames from Target. I love framing fun Christmas pics and our Christmas cards (a sneak peak of our card, will reveal in a few days). 

 photo IMG_2449_1_zps77fd62c7.jpg

Bird pillow from World Market. The other pillows are from Target and Home Goods.

 photo IMG_2459_1_zpsa11dfbf1.jpg

I love this little nativity scene I got from World Market. And the Christmas tree I got from Meijer last year. Yea it's still kicking!!

 photo IMG_2467_1_zpsb670caad.jpg

Here is my DIY ornament tree, which you can find out about here.

 photo IMG_2456_1_zps5d56c42d.jpg

The Christmas topiary is from Home Goods and the other items are things I've had for years!

 photo IMG_2480_1_zps040d57ce.jpg

And her is my DIY Christmas Card Wreath! I just love displaying our Christmas cards from family and friends. My favorites are the ones with pictures because they remind me of some of our very favorite people :)

 photo IMG_2476_1_zps45514634.jpg

And here is my Christmas version of my chalkboard. I have a lot of fun picking out designs and then recreating them on my chalkboard. And no the little ledge at the bottom is not normally that clean. I removed the junk mail for the pic...ha!

 photo IMG_2474_2_zps55a3156a.jpg

And here is another shot of our tree in the dark. Love all of the sparkly lights!

 photo 162C23B8-019E-476C-AE4C-C1898055659A_zpsqyiqbksq.jpg

And now I'll leave you with my favorite present under the tree so far. A cute beagle in her winter coat! Abby is obsessed with being under the tree. She is constantly walking under it and knocking off ornaments. You will always find at least 3 or 4 ornaments under our tree at any given time, and I feel like I am constantly re-hanging them. The other day, she was just hanging out under the tree, happy as could be!


Photobucket

Follow Me:

http://www.buttonshut.com/Follow Me on InstagramFollow Me on PinterestFollow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!