Weekend Recap: Christmas Trees, Snow Day Crafts and a New Workout Routine

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Happy Tuesday everyone! Hope you lovelies had a wonderful weekend! Our weekend was super busy, so I'm just now getting around to my recap, but it was a fun one, and we got a lot done.

 photo WeekendRecap_zpsa4fe797a.jpg


1. I found the perfect snowy weekend craft...pom pom balls! I made a ton of these sitting on the couch, covered in blankets and puppy dogs, catching up on the DVR and watching the snow fall. I am using them in our Christmas decor, which I'll reveal in the next day or so. Can't wait to share what I made, I love it!

2. We took the puppies to Petsmart again this year to visit with Santa. This year was a little different in that we got to take your own photos for a suggested $5 donation to a participating animal-welfare group. It was cool because we could instantly share them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc., although I missed the cute little frames from the previous years. The pups were somewhat good, although Napoleon had his yearly poop in the pet store right before we met Santa. I guess he was just too excited to meet him again this year as this has become somewhat of a tradition.

3. We got our Christmas tree on Saturday, and then decorated it on Sunday. I have a few more finishing touches to put on it, and then will be sharing along with the rest of my decorations. I sure do love the smell of a fresh cut tree, but I am hoping we don't have bugs like we did last year. #sonotfun

4. As I mentioned earlier, it snowed quite a bit on Friday and then a little again on Sunday. It has also been bitter cold these last couple of days, despite it being 60 degrees last Wednesday! I am hating these cold temps, but I do love how pretty the snow makes my outdoor Christmas decorations look :)


Another thing we did this weekend was start P90x. This was one of Rick's Cyber Monday purchases, and we received it in the mail on Friday. We did Chest and Back (with a little Abs thrown in) on Sunday and are doing Plyometrics tonight (Mon). I can already tell I am going to be sore for the rest of my life. Anyone ever do this? I am not really looking to lose much weight, but I would love to tone up and gain more muscle tone for the wedding. So far our results are that I have been majorly modifying my push ups and chin ups, and well Rick thought he might throw up. I'll be sure to share how we are doing along the way and if we survive this first week of working out EVERY DAY but one rest day. That alone scares me as to me working out once a week seems like more than enough...ha!

In addition to this we ran lots of errands on Saturday and cleaned the entire house (including mopping, I never seem to get around to mopping). I still have laundry to do, and Christmas cards to address, but there will always be something not done right! Who's for a 3 day weekend??

Photobucket

Follow Me:

http://www.buttonshut.com/Follow Me on InstagramFollow Me on PinterestFollow Me on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to do a picture of Santa and Brutus...yours is adorable. And yay for getting the tree and decorating! Love this time of year and all the decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh P90! You will hate it and love it all at the same time! It worked great for us! We followed the nutrition plan and really loved everything. I mean, it totally sucks while you are doing it and Tony's jokes get SO old but the results are great!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!