Friday Favorites: My Beauty Routine Must Haves

Friday, January 17, 2014

Happy Friday friends! It's been one heck of a week, but we all made it through :)

Earlier this week I had a bridal makeover party at my house. I am planning on sharing my "bridal look" next week, but today I wanted to share with you my must have beauty items. I'll admit, I am a Mary Kay Consultant, so I use a ton of Mary Kay products (hello 50% discout). But I am a huge believer in their skin care products, and sang their praises prior to becoming a consultant.

I am a big believer in having a great skin care routine. Think of your face like a canvas and your makeup will look it's best with a great base. Plus we only get one skin in our lifetime, so you better take care of it.

I am also a big believer that it's best to stick with the same product line when it comes to skin care. Most brands have a total skin care line, and each of these items are developed to work together. If you use a cleanser from one brand and a moisturizer from another, you aren't guaranteed they will work together. It could actually be the opposite and they could work against each other and cause your face to be nothing but a mess. Believe me I have tried so many products and it wasn't until I used one product line that I actually started seeing the results they promised. So wheather you go with Mary Kay, or another brand, try to stick with one line.

So what are my must haves?


My Beauty Routine


1. TimeWise Miracle Set - This is a 4 step process that includes a cleanser, day solution, night solution and moisturizer. This set provides 11 age-defying benefits and comes in two formulas: normal/dry and oily/combination. I have been using this set for about 9 months now, and this is the first time ever that I have been able to have clear skin without having to use prescription acne products. I have been dealing with acne since I was in Jr High School, and have gone through 2 rounds of Accutane. And yet I was still dealing with cystic acne and had to use an oil control lotion on my t-zone every day. Since using this set, I rarely breakout, and I no longer have to use the oil control lotion. It truely is a miracle set for me. 

2. TimeWise Microdermabrasian Set - This is a 2 step process that refines and then replenishes. The first step scrubs off dead skin cells to reveal healthier skin, and the second step helps to nourish the new skin and keep it soft. Please note this is not a daily scrub, and I would recommend that you only use every 2-3 days. I typically use this at night, and the next morning my face is so smooth and looks bright and radiant. This set is great for anti-aging and is also great if you have blackheads.

3. TimeWise Repair Volu-Firm Eye Renewal Cream - So this eye cream is really meant for more advanced aging, but when it comes to wrinkles, I want super-strenth! This is a really rich eye-cream and it actually has an applicator so you don't have to worry about tugging too hard on the delicate skin under your eyes. I have been using this for about 3 months now, and I have started to notice my eye area looking brighter, and my crowsfeet are starting to soften. It's still going to take some time (if this worked overnight, it would be hundreds of dollars and sold out everywhere), but I definitly think it's one of the best eye creams I have used so far.

4. Oil-Free Hydrating Gel - In the Winter months, my skin gets really dry in certain areas. I love this moisturizing gel because it's thick and creamy, but it's oil free. I have combination skin, so there are parts that get really dry, but I still deal with oily skin in my t-zone. So it provides exra moisture to the areas that are dry, but because it's oil-free, it doesn't cause me to break out. They do have a version that is for dry skin if you need even more moisture.

5. Satin Lips Set - This set is a must have for the Winter months. It includes a lip mask that exfoliates your lips and then a rich lip balm that hydrates your lips and makes them super soft. I tend to use this at night before bed, and then my lips are super smooth in the morning. I mentioned it was great in the Winter months when our lips are dry and start cracking. It's also good if you get a lot of build-up from wearing lipstick daily.

So what are you all loving this fine Friday? What are your beauty must haves that I just have to try?

And for more Friday fun, check out the Five on Friday linkup hosted by ChristinaDarciApril and Natasha. Also linking up with Lauren from Style Elixir for Friday's Fab Favorites and The Diary of a Real Housewife for Friday Favorites.

Photobucket

Follow Me:

http://www.buttonshut.com/Follow Me on InstagramFollow Me on PinterestFollow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!