New Year, New Beginnings

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!!

 { Via }

Earlier in the week I was a little sad that Christmas was over and that winter was truly beginning. Last year I experienced some major cabin fever, and went into a slight depression because of it. I am definitely a warm weather girl, and get very excited the minute spring clothes, garden supplies and new patio furniture hits the stores. Of course that typically happens in February, and because of the cold Ohio winters, I typically can't enjoy these items until around May.

But today I am feeling very calm about the new year and what's ahead for us. I get sort of geeked out about new beginnings. I love having new calendars, notebooks and organizational supplies. I guess you could say I get the same way at the beginning of a new school year. It all started when yesterday I got notification that my new Erin Condren planner had shipped, much earlier than I had anticipated. I can't wait for it to get here so I can start planning out my year and getting organized. I'm at my happiest when my life is organized.

This is also the time when we can start fresh with our new years resolutions. In the past I have made lists of resolutions and goals I wanted to accomplish. This year I just have one simple resolution I want to make.

To be happy with myself!

This last year I have found myself setting some unrealistic goals, and then I get really down on myself for not accomplishing them. I am a perfectionist (my DISC profile has confirmed this), and I want everything I do to be perfect. I set high expectations for myself, and I expect myself to meet these expectations.

From time to time I have to remind myself that my life is pretty good. I have an amazing fianc√© that loves me and we both have wonderful families, a great home, good/stable jobs, and the 3 cutest pups in the world.



{ Via }

I found this image on Pinterest a few weeks back and thought it was great inspiration for my resolution this year. The biggest thing that I find myself doing is comparing myself with others. It gets really easy to do, especially in the blog world. We are surrounded with blogs that have stylish outfits, fully decorated and exceptionally clean homes, and picture-perfect meals. Of course no one wants to share their burnt meals and toy strewn living rooms. But when you constantly see these images, it's easy to begin comparing your life to them. Don't get me wrong, I love reading blogs, and have gotten some amazing ideas from them, but it's important to use them as inspiration, not the exception to the rule.


{ Via }

We are in charge of our own happiness, and I want to make 2014 my happiest year yet. There are so many good things to look forward to, and I just want to soak it all in. It's important to me this year to enjoy every moment, and try to do a little something each day to that I can enjoy the day. So many times we live for the weekends, but I want to find something little each day to look forward to (even on Mondays).

And now for a few pics from our New Years Eve celebration.

 photo NYE_2013_zps2bef60cc.jpg

Rick and I decided to keep it low-key this year. My brother came over for a few hours, and we had fajitas, chips, salsa, guac and bacon appetizers. We also watched Rock of Ages, which has an amazing soundtrack by the way. I just love 80's hairband music. It was a little silly, but there were some funny parts. It's a musical comedy, so you can't really take it seriously. We rang in the new year with a little pink bubbly, which is my favorite :)

Are you excited for the new year? What resolutions are you making this year?


Photobucket

Follow Me:

http://www.buttonshut.com/Follow Me on InstagramFollow Me on PinterestFollow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!