DIY Wedding Centerpieces

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Last week I met with a florist to discuss centerpieces for our reception, and I'll admit it was the most fun I've had so far in the whole wedding process. Mostly because for the first time I am finally seeing this vision I've had for the last couple of months finally start coming together.

I have had many ideas running through my head on decorations and I've kind of stressed and debated for months now if I should go with real flowers, fake florals or just candles for my centerpieces. I want something beautiful, but at the same time I didn't want to bust the budget. Deep down I really wanted real flowers for my centerpieces, and am super hapy that we have found an option that I am loving that still fits within the budget.

   photo Weddingflowers_zpsc2bddb35.jpg

My theme is a southern vintage garden party and I am loving all things burlap and blue mason jars. I purchased 10 quart sized blue mason jars off of Esty, and already had 6 pint sized blue mason jars that I had purchased last summer.

My vision includes using the quart sized mason jars filled with pink and cream flowers for the centerpieces, along with some burlap as a runner, and some clear glass jars (or mason jars) accented with lace and filled with candles.

The other 6 jars will be filled with flowers as well and spread throughout along with some other decor items I have been collecting such as lanterns and picture frames.

I met with a DIY wedding florist last week. It sounds super scary to think I will be DIY'ing my floral centerpieces, but they actually let you schedule some time to come on-site two days before your wedding and they teach you how to build your first ceterpiece, and then they let you build the rest. There is an insturctor there the entire time to help you out in case you have any questions or start experiencing any issues.

They allow you to bring up to 6 of your bridesmaids/friends/family/fiance to help you build everything, and you can bring wine and snacks so you can turn it into a little mini-party. You can also build your bouquet, corsages and pretty much any florals you may need for your wedding. I am using another option for my bouquet and Rick's bountineer, but I will probably also order some flower girl petals and a throw bouquet.

I'm super excited to learn how to build centerpieces, while also saving lots of money since you are not paying for any of the labor.

Of course there were be tons of pictures and lots to recap after the wedding. If only June would get here already! No not really, there is still too much to do...ha!

What are your thoughts on DIY centerpieces? Would you be game, or would you rather pay someone to put them together. Am I crazy?


Linking up today with:

Wedding Wednesday

Photobucket

Follow Me:

http://www.buttonshut.com/Follow Me on InstagramFollow Me on PinterestFollow Me on Twitter

6 comments:

  1. I have never heard of places letting you DIY your centerpieces! That is genius. Our florist would probably do that if we asked her, but part of me would just rather have her do it for us. Less stress for me!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did my bouquet, my sisters bouquet and all my centerpieces the night before our wedding. It's totally doable! And, I think they turned out great honestly! Plus we spent way less on flowers than we would have had I paid someone to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun activity for everyone to do together! LOVE this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like so much fun! I wish that was an option for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so awesome there's a place by you that lets you do your own centerpieces! We're doing our own too, but from wherever we'll be staying before the wedding. It's so crazy how expensive they are to be made professionally!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to know that you had great time in choosing wedding centerpieces. I also had same experience in planning my sister’s wedding. Have discussed unique ideas on decorations with flowers with my florist. He always provide best Floral Delivery service. Will hire same florist for my wedding too.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!