Weekend Recap + My Poor Puppy

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Happy Fat Tuesday! Everyone enjoying their sweets today? We are celebrating Fat Tuesday at work today, and there are 4 surprises that are happening throughout the day. The first one was Pazcki's in all of the kitchens. I have a feeling I'm going to need to hit the gym at the end of the day today...ha!

I totally tried to post my recap yesterday, but a few crazy things happened (one I'll mention below). Hopefully those of you up north survived the huge snow storm, which only turned into about 4 inches for us. They made it sound like 20 inches was coming, and everyone was so prepared. The grocery stores were running out of food, and they even started brining all of the roads 24 hours before the storm even hit. I am grateful we didn't have more than we did, but I feel bad because we had a huge client meeting scheduled on Monday. Our clients were supposed to fly in from Atlanta and they cancelled their trip because of the storm, and then it turned out to be nothing. I honestly figured this was going to happen...ha!

 photo WeekendRecap_3_3_14_zps9c49d249.jpg


Our weekend was super fun, and I'm so sad it's over. But before I get into that, I wanted to show my cute scarf from Friday. I shared this as part of my Friday favorites, and I am still loving the pink pom poms :)

Friday night Rick's parents came into town and we went to Shi Chi which is a Japanese Steak House over off of Sawmill Road to celebrate Rick's sister's birthday. I haven't been to one of these places in a while, and I forgot how fun it is. Our chef was so funny and you could tell he was really current with today's pop culture with some of the jokes he was telling. And the food was amazing. I had filet and shrimp, and there was this sauce that came with the seafood that was so delish! We have no idea what it is, other than a type of thick hollandaise sauce. The chef called it "crack". And believe me, it was super addicting!

We then all came back to our place, and despite being in a food coma, continued the celebration with birthday cake. We all also had some peppermint tea to help aid our digestion...ha!

Then on Saturday, we celebrated one of my very close friend's upcoming nuptials at a Bridal Luncheon at Lindey's in German Village. First of all, check out that gorgeous cake! She was telling us she was somewhat sad this was the last time she would be able to use her old monogram. It got me thinking about how my monogram wasn't changing because both of our last names start with an "H". She reminded me that at least I was saving a lot of money...ha!

Sunday was spent working on some wedding DIY projects, which I can't wait to share in the next week or so. I am still working on them, so maybe sometime next week. I am at the point where I have purchased everything I can think to purchase, and my budget is running out. So now it's time to DIY the rest of the wedding :)

And for the craziness of Monday. At around 5 am yesterday I woke to hear one of our dogs screeching in pain. I think I was rolling over, so at first I thought that maybe I kicked one of them, but I quickly sat up and everyone seemed OK. I heard another screech, sat up, and everyone was OK again. At this point I thought I was probably dreaming and went back to sleep.

I then woke up a few hours early and heard our pup Napoleon panting and moaning. He was clearly in pain, but I have no idea what happened. I spent all Monday morning working from home and babying him until Rick could get home to take him to the vet. He apparently has a slipped disk in his lower back and will be drugged up for the next 2-3 weeks. The poor little fella is in so much pain, and it hurts us to know he is hurting so much and we can't really do much about it. I'll be honest we are not exactly sure how it happened, but he is always jumping up into the bed, and it's kind of high, so I'm wondering if he jumped up into bed Sun night he possible strained something and then woke up early in the morning in pain.

 photo 386E7548-6905-4A6B-BFCB-E3EDD923AEAD_zpsivh4drmg.jpg

{ Poor Napoleon }

A few week ago our other pup Bryn tore a tendon in one of her back legs, and we are working on nursing her back to health, so right now we have to medicate and carry around 2 dogs. Neither of them can take the stairs and is not allowed to jump on furniture, so basically we have to carry them all over the house. So it's kind of a crazy time in our household, but we love our pups so we will do whatever it takes to make them feel better.

Photobucket

Follow Me:

http://www.buttonshut.com/Follow Me on InstagramFollow Me on PinterestFollow Me on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I am so sorry to hear about the pups!! Please send them our love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poor puppies! That picture is so adorable. The things we do for our dogs, right?

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!