Gettin Fit for Summer (and the Wedding!)

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

With Summer (and the wedding) now less than 2 months away, I've finally started to get my bum in gear and work on getting fit. Starting on Sunday of this week, I committed to do some sort of workout every day between now and the wedding (which is also the 1st day of Summer!). It's a lofty goal, and I'm already wondering if I am crazying for setting it, but so far I'm 3 for 3.

Now the rules are that I have to do some sort of workout that is a min of 15 mins per day, preferably 30-45 mins. These workouts can consist of anything from a workout DVD, to running at the park, or doing a toning video on YouTube. The goal is to keep my body moving, and I can do something completely different each day for the next 59 days.

So what have I done so far, or am planning on doing...


Favorite Workout DVDs
1 // 2 // 3

1. Workout DVDs - I love these workout DVD's. What I love most is they are around 30-45 mins long, and they work my entire body. And because I can workout to these at home, it's pretty easy to fit into my day. On the weekends I'll do these first thing in the morning, and during the week sometimes I'll do them late at night. The goal is to sneak 30 mins of activity into my day, and these are the perfect way to do that. The two Jillian Michaels DVDs have different levels, so that helps to keep me from getting bored. I'll just switch up the levels and do level 1 one day, and then level 3 the next. 




2. Pinterest Workouts - I have been pinning some great toning workouts on Pinterest. What I love about doing this is they are typically quick 10 - 15 min workouts that I can quickly pull up on my phone via my Pinterest app and pretty much do them everywhere. I'll pull these up and do a few before bed, or at the gym, or shoot if you are bored at the office (well if you can find an empty conference room...ha!). I did the one above last night, and let me tell you my thighs are burning this morning!




3. YouTube Videos - The Tone It Up Girls have a ton of workout videos on YouTube. These are great because you can see exactly how to do the workout, and ensure you are using good form. Sometimes when I see a workout picture, I'm not always 100% sure how to do the workout and sometimes feel like I am doing it wrong. It's great to see it in video format, and like the Pinerest workouts, you can quickly pull these up on your phone and really do them anywhere. The park, the beach, while the dogs are playing at the dog park.




4. Binkini Series - And speaking of the Tone It Up girls, they are starting a new Bikini Series challenge on Monday. A few days ago I signed up to participate, and recieved a great Bikini Series Starter Packet which included workout tips and a few yummy recipes. The challenge is to get fit by Summer, and they provide lots of fun workouts for every day. Definitly check it out and let me know how you are doing. I'm planning on checking in from time to time on how my challenge is coming along.

So what are you doing to get fit? Any recommendations on great workout resources?

Linking up with:



Wedding Wednesday

Photobucket

Follow Me:

http://www.buttonshut.com/Follow Me on InstagramFollow Me on PinterestFollow Me on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I love working out, especially close to the wedding, since it's extra motivation! Have you tried Jillian's Ripped in 30? It's really tough and I like it better than the Shred DVD, but that's just me! If you have the chance to go to a boxing class you should - punching and kicking a bag really helped relieve a lot of stress for me!

    Thanks for linking up and happy sweating lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the Tone it Up girls and Jillian ALWAYS kicks my ass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yess!! You got this! I also love FitnessBlender and Jessica Smith TV- they have great free workout videos!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!