Time for a Blog Makeover

Monday, July 21, 2014

I mentioned last week I was working on a little blog makeover. It's about 99% complete and I'm pretty excited about how it's come along. It's been a lot of fun coming up with the design and the different elements, and has been a great way to brush up on my PhotoShop skills. For 6 years, about 10+ years ago, I worked in the marketing department of a University designing and updating their print brochures and course catalogues, so I have had a little experience with design, but my skills are very rusty. Learning HTML and web programming is all pretty new, but thankfully there are a ton of resources online that are super helpful. There is definitly a lot more available now than when I was learning layout and design back then.

One piece of advice I would share for anyone taking on their own blog makeover is to look to Pinterest and other blogs for Inspiration. I looked at some of my favorite blogs and took notes of things I liked from their blogs and then started to make a list of ideas/elements I wanted to include on my blog. I also found a color inspiration board on Pinterest that I totally loved to help me determine my color palette.
 photo BlogInspiration_zpsff7f1d72.jpg

The great thing about finding this is I could open it in PhotoShop and match all of my colors to it. This ensured all of my elements were consistent in color. I also found some great fonts online which make designing a lot of fun and so much easier.

I say it's only 99% complete because I know I will constantly tweak little things here and there as I learn more. But for now it's working for me, and I love it! I'm definitly not a professional, and I still have a lot to learn, but if anyone has any questions feel free to leave a comment below and shoot me an email at lifeloveandpuppypaws@gmail.com.

 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. it looks great!!! my blog is due for a change!!

    -Sami @ yoursmineandours2013.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!