5 Ways to Celebrate Fall

Friday, September 26, 2014

Happy Friday all! I'm enjoying one of my comp days for working Labor Day weekend, so I'm excited for a day of relaxation, catching up on blogs and possibly getting some reading on the deck in.

With Fall officially here, I thought it would be fun to share some fun ways to celebrate Fall. These are a few items on my Fall bucket list that I can't wait to check off!

 photo IMG_2225_1_zps4cbc015f.jpg

1. Go apple picking - last year we took a trip to Lynd's Fruit Farm to pick some apples and it was so much fun. And we ended up with a HUGE bag of apples. So many apples recipes, like this one which is another favorite of mine, will be had after this trip. 


2. Attend a Pumpkin Show - I have been to the Circleville Pumpkin Festival a few times and if you love all things pumpkin, this is the perfect festival for you. They have lots of food vendors serving all different kids of food made with pumpkin...including pumpkin pizza. My favorite though is the pumpkin donuts from Lindsey's Bakery. They are A-MAZ-ING. Also, when you visit you can check out the world's largest pumpkin pie.



3. Enjoy the Fall leaves - all of the beautiful changing Fall leaves are probably my favorite thing about Fall. And this is the perfect time to go hiking or have a picnic and enjoy natures beautiful show. We are hoping to head down to Hocking Hills in a few weeks and do a little hiking and try to get some great pictures of the Fall leaves. I would also love to go back to the spot where we got engaged, which was so beautiful during that time and have a picnic to celebrate our engagement. 



4. Rock a blanket scarf - I recently purchased a blanket scarf from Amazing, and am excited to finally jump on the bandwagon for this trend. I heart scarves { and boots! } this time of year and will be bringing these items back out now that the temps have finally dropped. And for those of you { like me } who have no idea how to tie a blanket scaft, here is a little tutorial I found on Pinterest



5. Make your own Pumpkin Spice Latte - Many of us, myself included, get very excited each year when Startbucks rolls out their Pumpkin Spice Latte. Of course if you take a look at the nutritional content for this drink, as with anything that tastes amazing, it's full of sugar and other chemicals...boo :( But no fear, there are plenty of recipes on Pinterest, like this one, to make your own healthier version. Of course it won't stop me from running through the drive-through every once in a while, but this version will allow me to enjoy it a little more, and will help out not only my waist-line, but my pocketbook :)

What's on your Fall bucket list this year?


 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!