Amazing Home Decor Shops in Powell

Monday, September 29, 2014

Today I wanted to share a few fun finds from over the weekend. This is probably geared more toward those in Central Ohio, but even if you are not from around here, you may find some design inspiration.
Over the weekend, we finally got around to exploring some of the cute shops in downtown Powell. We live like 5 mins from there, and drive by them once or twice a month whever we are heading over to the Sawmill/Dublin area of town. I finally convinced Rick to explore them with me, and he was such a good sport. I mean what husband wants to spend the afternoon in home decor/antique shops. I think he liked it a little; he did find some intersting things at the antique mall. So here are a few of my favorite shops that I will definitly begin frequenting more often...which kind of scares Rick a little...ha!

 photo ElmIron2_zps45293008.jpg
Elm & Iron was my favorite of all of the shops. They had some trendier decor items, very similar to the items on my favorite show -- The Fixer Upper. This location has more home decor type items, but I was told the Clintonville location had a little more furniture.
 photo 40F955DA-0C91-4DA4-8D8E-36BCA56A589C_zpsaffddpxn.jpg
I think this store would be the perfect place to find a unique house warming gift, or fun stocking stuffers for the person who has it all.
 photo ElmIron1_zps2a7a3567.jpg
They had everything from Rewined candles, to unique bottle openers, to really fun matchbooks with crazy packaging.
 photo A488523F-CE5D-437E-BAFE-39AB5A389E68_zpsgzbs5we7.jpg
I feel in love with these alphabet blocks and the one with the lowercase "h" might have come home with me. These were $10 each, which I think was a great bargan as I found something similar at the Ohio State Fair, which were actually antique typesetting stamps, that were way more expensive. 
 photo 13F3DBC0-24D4-4911-8AB6-7BF181EF49DD_zps1o7znttr.jpg
I also LOVED these letters cut out of books. Again a mini "H" might have ended up coming home with me, but I just couldn't help it, they were so cute. The mini letters were $12 and the large letters were $22. These are just like the ones at Anthroplogy, for about the same price, but I don't beleive that Anthroplogy has the mini ones, which were the ones that I loved the most!
 photo parisfleamarket_zps9fce63ad.jpg
The next shop that I loved was Paris Flea Market. I didn't take as many pictures here as it wasn't as busy and I felt like there were eyes all over us. But there were a couple of table scapes set up for Fall that reminded me of something out of a Pottery Barn catalogue. 
 photo 6C92BFCE-55A9-4F9E-9D9E-E9174572C310_zpshfsxvha1.jpg
I loved these two clock faces, but unfortunatly they weren't for sale. Lucky for Rick or the small one might have come home with me as well. The style of this store was very Paris meets French Country. Check out their blog for a better taste of what's in store and for great design inspiration. 
 photo B0983584-338F-41D3-8B1C-15C0AEA84AE8_zpsnn8xw1sn.jpg
Another favorite store was The Collection. It reminded me of a Pottery Barn meets Restoration Hardware. They had decor items, as well as furniture.
 photo 1545B39E-BA21-4FD8-8F6A-EB68F16BC19E_zps63ojs2zf.jpg
Again, I feel in love with these clocks, until I saw the price tag. Definitly something I'm going to have to save up for.
There was one other store that I totally wanted to go into, but it was closed on Sunday :( It was called Bungalow Home and it was in an old church. We, along with another lady, peaked inside the windows and all decided it was definitly a Restoration Hardware type of store. The other lady mentioned...yes down to the color scheme. Pretty much everything was gray, but I'm kind of loving gray lately, and feel that for home decor gray is the new black. Anyone else agree?
A few other fun finds were some antique cameras that we found at the antique mall. I would love to have one, or to start a small collection, some day. Again, something else to save up for as these were a little pricey. It was fun to discover that Powell has some amazing home decor shops, and so close to home. Possibly a bit dangerous as well!
 photo Jenis2_zps08dcd1a9.jpg

Of course any trip into Powell ends with a stop at Jeni's. We do love our ice cream.
 photo Jenis_zpsbd4ba4e0.jpg
{ His & Hers }
Rick had the Brambleberry Crisp, the Sweet Corn & Black Raspberries, and the Salty Caramel. I had the Backyard Mint and the Pineapple Upsidedown Cake, which was amazing and had large pieces of cherries AND pieces of pineapple upside down cake. Amazing, and I highly recommend!
Another fun weekend in the books! Can't wait for the next one :)

Linking up today with Life of Meg for Mingle Monday.
 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!