Favorite Pumpkin Recipes + Pumpkin Hard Cider Anyone?

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I have to be honest here, I absolutely love pumpkin flavored things. I'm that person who makes pumpkin bread year round. So I apologize in advance for the massive amount of pumpkin recipes I'm about to share in the next 3 months, but I know there are others out there just like me, so I feel like it's my duty to share these amazing recipes.

 photo PumpkinMacampCheese_zpsd21ff777.jpg

First up, Pumpkin Mac & Cheese. I tend to make this every Fall and I'm not sure why I don't make it year round. What I love about this recipe is that I can justify it's healthy for you. It uses 1 cup of pumpkin puree, which thickens up the sauce and allows you to cut down on amount of cheese needed, yet still providing a cheesy/creamy bowl of goodness! And since pumpkin is a fruit (who knew??), you are definitely getting a fruit serving for the day. Win, win!

 photo PumpkinChipCookies_zpsdc622832.jpg

It is definitly my duty to share with you the most amazing cookies in the world. Who knew that pumpkin cookies with chocolate chips would taste like heaven. These cake-like cookies are very moist and don't usually last long. I usually bring these to our family reunion in the Fall and they tend to go really fast. Make them this weekend, I promise you will thank me for it.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App


Next up, my Grandma's pumpkin bread (which is also amazing as pumpkin muffins) and pumpkin butter. I love my Grandmother's pumpkin bread recipe, and as I mention above, I make it year round. I also love to keep a few loaves in the freezer to pull out when company comes over, or to give as a gift. I also make a batch of pumpkin butter every year to give away as gifts at Thanksgiving. I also keep a few for myself to enjoy throughout the year. It's perfect on Granny's pumpkin bread, but it also amazing on banana bread or even just a piece of toast. I'll likely be making a batch of this soon.


 photo B86CABC5-986E-432C-9234-B4E7BE8CBAAC_zpspcwpey1a.jpg

Next, this is not a recipe, but a great find. I was a World Market the other day, browsing their Fall decor, when I stumbled upon this Woodchuck Pumpkin flavored Hard Cider. It doesn't have a strong pumpkin flavor, but is more like a less-sweet version of an apple cider. I really love it and will definitely be stocking up on more of it. If you love hard ciders, I would definitely recommend trying this.

 photo IMG_3353_1_zpsd8037820.jpg


And last but not least, it's a Bryn, who thinks she is a pumpkin. Over the weekend I set my cermic pumpkin by the door, and Miss Bryn proceeded to sit next to it, well until I finally put it out on the porch. She looked like she was trying hard to be a pumpkin. Such a strange dog, but we love her!

What kind of pumpkin recipes do you love, and should I try? I definitly want to try and make pumpkin waffles. We make waffles almost every weekend so of course that has to be added to the list of recipes to try. I think I also want to try and make a pumpkin smoothie of some sort. More to come as I enjoy the next 3 months of all things pumpkin!

 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!