Wedding Wednesday: Getting Ready

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Today, for Wedding Wednesday, I wanted to share some of our getting ready pictures. We were so grateful to have our family and friends with us during the whole process.

The day before, my girlfriends and I treated ourselves to a pedicure, and then everyone drove an hour to where the wedding was taking place to help set everything up for the reception. Now I would like to note that it was raining cats and dogs at this time, and my sweet friends and family not only helped us carry all of the decorations across the garden and into the Carriage House in the pouring rain, but they also set up all of the chairs in the garden in the pouring rain. That's love and dedication let me tell you. I of course was having a freak out moment over decorations in the Carriage House, so my Mom felt it would be better for everyone to head outside and get the chairs set up in the rain and let me have my moment. She knows me so well...ha!

 photo 1E2A7109-36A2-403B-9E0E-A2A8F3A713A7_zpsvqjnqoy6.jpg
{ Wedding Prep Attire - Monogram Chambray Shirt }

Then on my wedding day, my girlfriends and I met up at the hair salon and I got a manicure and my hair done. We then grabbed some lunch, and of course my "Bride" Starbucks and headed again to Zanesville to begin getting ready.

All of us girls got ready on the top floor of the main house. It was beautiful inside, and our photographers kept saying how they could photograph in the main house all day long. I wish I would have taken pictures of the main house, but I was a little preoccupied that day...ha! It was the perfect backdrop for our getting ready pictures.

 photo DSC_9916_zps18656f06.jpg

I had applied a good base layer of makeup before I left for the morning, but did some touch-ups while Hillary was taking pictures. I was really nervous to put on all of my makeup in front of everyone and didn't want to stress too much about it.

 photo DSC_1434_zps181fafeb.jpg

Us girls had a little bit of wine to take the edge off. I don't recommend getting drunk before your wedding, but a little wine helps to settle the nerves. At one point even my Mom was enjoying a small glass of wine. We sure know how to party, solo cups and all!

Then it was time to get dressed.

 photo DSC_9950_zps56e26eff.jpg

 photo DSC_9949_zps5e3d2a8d.jpg

 photo DSC_9955_zpsdd889d61.jpg

 photo DSC_9974_zps0bfa25cf.jpg

 photo DSC_9978_zpse9836c0b.jpg

A few more touch-ups and we were ready to go.

 photo DSC_9912_zps6bc53142.jpg

Izzie was such the little ham that day, and I think she really enjoyed posing in her pink sparkly dress.

 photo DSC_9913_zpsa8754f81.jpg


She also loved twirling!

 photo DSC_0178_zps5229c331.jpg

Miss Izzy and Miss Avery watching their Aunt Jen getting ready.

While the girls were getting ready in the main house, the boys were getting ready in the Carriage House.

 photo C32A8883_zps8b10e5a4.jpg


 photo C32A8884_zps7c47072e.jpg


 photo C32A8897_zpsce5f85f2.jpg

Celebratory shot before the wedding, guess everyone had to calm their nerves somehow. The boys chose whiskey :)


 photo C32A8898_zpsb87bcb8b.jpg


Up next...I'm excited to share one more pre-wedding moment before we get into the ceremony pictures. So check back next week to see more :)

And you can find more posts about our wedding, including details about my dress and accessories, here.

Linking up today with:

Wedding Wednesday


 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE looking at people's getting ready photos!! Your flower girl is the cutest and I just love how her dress matches your shoes - such a fun idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I can see of it, the house looks gorgeous! And so do you! You're a beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww your photos are beautiful! I'm so jealous that you got the Starbucks "bride"! I should have made someone go get me one lol!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!