Wednesday Wednesday: The Dress (& My Accessories)

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Happy Hump Day all! I'm halfway through one of the craziest weeks at work, and I'm already super excited for the weekend. I also super excited to share one of my favorite parts of our wedding (well other than my groom!)...the dress! I'll share all of the details below, but for now, let's look at all of the pretty pictures :)


 photo DSC_9829_zps5f3016a8.jpg

 photo DSC_9832_zpsfcbb3822.jpg

 photo DSC_9870_zps89fc32f6.jpg

 photo DSC_0025_zpsa6ad189d.jpg

 photo DSC_0066_zps332cddb1.jpg


 photo DSC_0036_zps55fb5b13.jpg


 photo DSC_9957_zpsb806c750.jpg

Another one of my favorite details was this hankie that my Mom/Grandmother gave me. My Mom had one of my Great Granny's hankies, and had my Grandmother embroider my initials and my wedding date on it in blue as my something old and something blue. My something new was my dress and my something borrowed was a bracelet (unfortunately not pictured) my friend Lisa let me borrow.

So let's talk about dress shopping. Although my dress was one of my favorite parts of the wedding, dress shopping was probably one of the most stressful parts of my whole wedding planning process. I am the type of person who gets overwhelmed with too many options, and I felt like the more stores I went to, the more options I had, and the more overwhelmed I got. I also waited a little too long to start shopping and wish I had started the shopping process a little sooner. My dress arrive within a few weeks, so it didn't turn out to be a problem, but one of my girlfriends got married a month before I did, and her dress took 6 months to come in. So my advice for future brides, take your time, and start the shopping process early. Just don't get overwhelmed with all of the options...ha!

And just for fun, I thought I would share some of the pictures from the day I said "Yes to the dress!


 photo ED45CE20-5D7F-460F-8C3D-58C57F77D467_zpsogxx1tgu.jpg

 photo 81C6529E-4228-49BA-BC2C-3209A77343B0_zpsfdhp5jyy.jpg

 photo 60294048-5573-4370-9E40-B91F60554FC9_zpsrryqatik.jpg

{ A closeup of my gorgeous belt that I had added to the dress }

Details:
Dress: Mori Lee by Madeline Gardner, purchased at Wendy's Bridal
Shoes: Kate Spade
Pearl Necklace: My Great Granny's that my Mother gifted me at my 7th Grade Graduation
(my Mom has the second strand from her original necklace)

All professional photos by Hillary Ferguson Photography.


Linking up with:

Wedding Wednesday

 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

6 comments:

  1. So pretty! I absolutely love your dress! The belt adds so much, so nice job adding it! The shoes are gorgeous as well - love the color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! I just love all the special details (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your dress, so beautiful! Love your pink shoes too! I work pink heels as well and try to wear them every year out on our anniversary dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping over from Wedding Wednesday - I LOVE your dress and shoes. I'm doing purple for my shoes for my wedding in a few weeks and am just so excited for that pop of color! You are one beautiful bride and I can't wait to keep following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dress! I love all the accessories too, and that belt. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look stunning! I love your dress! It drapes so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!