2014 Fall Decorations + Caramel Apple Cider Sangria

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Welcome to our Fall home! I love decorating for Fall. There is just something about the rich, warm colors that makes our home feel warm and comfortable. I'm not much into theme decorations, or decorating for Halloween. Not that I have anything against it, it's just not my style. I like my Fall and even my Christmas decorations to blend in with my regular decor and just enhance it.

Today for the Holiday Linkup I wanted to share our Fall 2014 home. Today's theme is actually Halloween, but since I'm more of a Fall girl, I thought I would share how I spruced up the place. You can find last year's decorations here. I also have a very tasty Fall Sangria recipe at the end of this post that would be perfect for any upcoming Halloween parties, especially since you can make it in batches. So you could say that's my Halloween contribution to the linkup.

{ Front Porch }

 photo IMG_3492_1_zps07f1d33d.jpg

 photo B9A720F4-E560-40C7-A1DC-2D9CF2965F16_zpsac4h6hys.jpg

Wreath from Marshall's and hanger from Pottery Barn.

 photo IMG_3490_1_zps5d4896f0.jpg

Pumpkin from Lowe's about 2 years ago.

 photo IMG_3491_1_zps2ae9f219.jpg


{ Entry Way }

 photo IMG_3474_1_zpsedccf272.jpg

 photo IMG_3478_1_zps5879302e.jpg

DIY wreath - wreath and autumn pic from Michaels & burlap ribbon from Walmart.

 photo IMG_3536_1_zps60824e41.jpg

Glass pumpkin jar from Target and frame with our Fall Save the Date photo also from Target.


{ Living Room }

 photo IMG_3486_1_zps47015ea1.jpg

 photo IMG_3518_1_zps41e4eba6.jpg

Frame with another Fall Save the Date photo from World Market last Spring. 
Ceramic owl from World Market last year.


 photo IMG_3519_1_zps66f50748.jpg

Glass candle holder and frame from World Market.

 photo IMG_3522_1_zps6367e093.jpg

Fall burlap banner was a DIY from last year and all of the burlap fabric came from JoAnn's.

 photo IMG_3525_1_zpsc998dee1.jpg

Basket from Marshall's, birch logs from Etsy and blanket from World Market. 
OSU guy was handmade by a friend of my Mother's.


 photo IMG_3526_1_zps5bec0855.jpg

Lantern was gifted to me by Rick's parents to use for our unity candle in the wedding. 
Fall leaves from Michaels.


{ Dining Room }

 photo IMG_3529_1_zps55c9d40e.jpg

Hurricane, candle and berry wreath from Pier 1 a few years ago.
Pumpkins from Pier 1 last year.
Candle holders from Pottery Barn.
Burlap runner left over from wedding decorations.


{ Kitchen }

 photo IMG_3540_1_zps830477ae.jpg

Printable from here and more can be found here.
Frame is Better Homes & Gardens from Walmart.
Apothecary jar and moss from Michaels.
Pumpkin from Pier 1 a few years ago.

 photo IMG_3538_1_zpseaf73f2d.jpg

Kitchen towel from Crate & Barrel few years ago.

 photo chalkboard2_zpsa9c0d0d8.jpg

Chalkboard from Marshall's and the inspiration can be found here.


{ Guest Bath }

 photo IMG_3537_1_zpsa4d84062.jpg

Flowers and vase from Michaels.
Hand soap dispenser from Pottery Barn.
Autumn Greetings decoration from Hobby Lobby a million years ago.


And as promised, here is our version of the Caramel Apple Cider Sangria. I found a couple of great recipes on Pinterest, but of course we had to tweak it slightly and we think it's the perfect Fall cocktail.

 photo IMG_3516_1_zps0365bcef.jpg


Caramel Apple Cider Sangria
Makes approx 8 servings

-- 1 bottle of white wine
-- 6 cups of apple cider
-- 1/2 cup of caramel vodka
-- 1 tsp - 1 tbs of lemon juice (depending on how tart your apples/apple cider is)
-- 2-3 apples
-- Sugar and cinnamon to garnish.

Mix the wine, apple cider and caramel vodka together in a pitcher. If your wine or apples or cider (or all 3) are really sweet, the lemon juice can cut down on the sweetness. I would add a little bit at a time to taste. Then cut up a few apples and garnish. It works best if you let it sit for an hour before serving, which allows the apples to soak up the sangria. You can garnish the glass with a little cinnamon and sugar.

 photo photo47_zps4c513652.jpg


We enjoyed ours the other night, sans the sugar/cinnamon rim, in our Mr and Mrs glasses. Cheers!

Linking up today with:


Holiday Linkup

 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

13 comments:

  1. Girl you have some great fall decorations going on! I'm a huge fan of the burlap banner hanging across of your fireplace - too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm absolutely LOVING your fall decor! It's perfect and totally compliments your home (which is beautiful). And that sangria... yum! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely more of a Fall decorator too, but I do sneak in some Halloween throughout the house! And I do believe that your sangria recipe will be my contribution to this weekends tailgate and my book club meeting next month!!! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I love all of your decor! Especially the fireplace, its so perfect!! And I'm super sad I can't try that sangria this year, definitely making a note to come back to it next year though! :) Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sangria sounds AMAZING!!! I also love your front porch. The brick and door color are just asking for fall accents :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you did SUCH a great job with your decor! love the wreath and chevron ribbon on the mirror, and of course the candy corn vases! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your decor! can you come decorate my house?? When I try it looks like a preschool classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those purple mums....I adore!! You have so many sweet touches of fall all around your house. That's my favorite way to do it. Those Mr. and Mrs glasses were my favorite thing last year to see around the holidays and I never purchased them. Maybe this year... Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post is perfection!!! All of your decor is amazing, and that sangria sounds SOO yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your home is gorgeous and your decor is stunning! I love how well it blends in and enhances what is already there! Great picks - my favorite is the glass pumpkin full of candy corn! I love your blog, following along!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such cute fall decorations!! Love the little buckeye man!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yum!!! That sangria looks amazing!! And I love the decorations too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your decor is amazing! Love it all! And that sangria sounds SO good!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!