Fall Fun at Freeman's Farm

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Last weekend was the first weekend it really felt like Fall. I'll be honest, it was kind of cold for Fall. I told Rick I wasn't sure I could handle this, and he was like...you know it's going to get worse. Ugh! Despite the almost too cold for me weather (I seriously need to move South during the Winter), we did find a cute farm to visit and picked up some small pumpkins and squash.

Freeman's Farm is about 5 mins from our place in Galena, Ohio. They are currently having their Fall Festival days, and every weekend in October they are offering all kinds of fun activities such as hayrides, a petting zoo, apple butter demonstrations, and more. You can also purchase all kinds of pumpkins, squashes, and other delicious candies and jellies in their retail store. I didn't get a ton of pictures because there were a ton of kids around, and I just feel weird posting pictures of other people's kids on my blog, but I did get a few.

 photo IMG_3442_1_zpsc7c3c02e.jpg


We had a little fun feeding the goats. There was a small cow and a donkey as well that you could feed. Although the cow really didn't want anything to do with any of us.

 photo IMG_3444_1_zps67d9f1f6.jpg


Another fun thing you can do is roast hot dogs. Rick's response though was why would I pay for a hot dog and then have to cook it myself. The kids loved it though.

 photo IMG_3443_1_zpsf39ccdb0.jpg


We purchased a few small pumpkins, but wanted to go to the bigger patch next weekend and purchase our bigger pumpkins. Freeman's had a good selection, but they were just in piles. There is just something about going out into the patch that is a little more fun for me. We did pick up an acorn squash, a butternut squash and a spaghetti squash. There will be lots of squash for dinner this week, and I love it!

 photo IMG_3445_1_zpsef6dc416.jpg


They also had these white pie pumpkins. Rick and I got one and are looking to make something tasty with it. Any suggestions?


 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. I love petting zoos in the fall! What a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!