Five on Friday

Friday, October 10, 2014

Happy Friday! I'm super excited about a 3 day weekend and some fun weekend plans. I'm also excited about ...

{ ONE }

 photo C0C23636-9FDF-40AA-9448-A549FC94338B_zpsmmxrquvw.jpg


Lately I'm loving tortoiseshell jewelry. It seems to go perfectly with my Fall staple items which include jeans and either brown riding boots or brown ankle booties. I recently picked up this cute necklace at Loft and love paring it with my striped Chambray top.

 photo 2011E634-23EB-4450-923F-1B266F5BD27A_zpspuekwiif.jpg

A few other pieces I love include this watch and this cute bracelet that Rick gave me for my birthday. He clearly understands how much I love arm parties.


{ TWO }

 photo 719d922f-8f2e-4ac4-a56c-3f2674279cca_zpsf9aef76a.png

I'm currently on week 2 of my new fitness plan. I've hit that moment where I know I need to make a change, for not only my health, but my sanity. I've committed to working out 4-5 days a week and running at least 3 of those days. Last week things were rough and I'm not sure if I was just really out of shape, or if I was battling something, or a combination of the two. This week has been a little better, and I'm sure each week it will get better and better. For now I'm taking it 1 week at a time, 1 workout a time, and I'm getting to the point where I am starting to enjoy it, and actually crave it. I had a great run Wed night and felt like I had more energy after the run than I did before and could have probably ran a little further had I chosen a longer trail. I told Rick I wasn't sure what was coming over me and who I was turning into?? More to come as I continue on my fitness journey.

{ THREE }


I mentioned earlier this week that we picked up some squash at a local farm. One of the things we picked up was a butternut squash and I immediately told Rick I needed to make this butternut squash risotto. It was everything I dreamed of and more. I'll be honest it was a little bit of work, and probably not something that I would recommend making on a weeknight, but it was totally worth it. I know risotto may seem challenging, but it's not hard to make. You just need to commit about 20-30 mins of your time to stirring. It's a great workout, which makes up for all of that cheesy goodness.

{ FOUR } 

I'm super excited to go see Gone Girl this weekend. I finished reading the book a few weeks ago and after I got through the first 75 pages or so I was hooked. I do have to say that this is one messed up story. I'm curious to see if the movie ending is the same as the book or different. Has anyone seen this yet? Without sharing any spoilers, what were your thoughts?

  

I'm also super excited about this movie, which was another favorite book of mine that I read last year. I love it when great books are turned into movies. Even though half the time the books are way better.


{ FIVE }



More Fall fun is planned this weekend, including a craft day today. I'm hoping to finish up my Fall decorating, complete a few craft/DIY's and maybe even try out a new pumpkin dessert like these pumpkin chocolate chip oatmeal bars. If all turns out well I'll share my results next week.

What fun plans do you have this weekend? What would you consider a perfect Fall weekend?



And for more Friday fun, check out the Five on Friday linkup hosted by ChristinaDarciApril and Natasha. And just wanted to add they are having a group giveaway this week if you link-up, so stop by and check it out! Lots of amazing stuff :)




Also linking up with Lauren from Style Elixir for Friday's Fab Favorites and The Diary of a Real Housewife for Friday Favorites.


 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounds AMAZING!! That butternut squash risotto sounds wonderful, I love anything with pumpkin + chocolate, and I still really want to go see Gone Girl AND need to read the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wearing that same necklace today from Loft! Love it! I wear it with so much more than I thought I would when I bought it!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!