Halloween Party with My Mr Big

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Last week we were invited to a Halloween party at my VP's house. He is known for throwing some really amazing Halloween parties, so I was excited that we got an invite. The theme of the party was TV, and I knew immediately I wanted to recreate this costume that I found on Pinterest a few months ago.

 photo MeasCarrie_zps1e786d22.jpg

The directions in the pin were a little more complicated than I had the patience for, but I found this super easy tutu tutorial that I used instead to make the skirt (FYI, I used 16 yards of tulle, and cut into strips 40 inches long). I then paired it with a light pink tank top from Old Navy and a jean jacket (since it was a little chilly once the sun went down) and bam...instant Carrie Bradshaw. And believed it or not, the curls/waves are natural. Rick told me 1980 wanted their hairstyle back...ha!

 photo BA22F005-7DC2-4999-BBB7-A6B7FBF83107_zpsjfwuujtd.jpg


Rick of course was my Mr Big (although he really wanted to go as cousin Eddie from Christmas Vacation. Although I thought our costume was kind of a given, everyone at the party was like...oh Carrie and Big, I didn't even think of that. So we were a hit!

There was all kinds of fun costumes at the party. Everything from Scooby Doo and Velma, to a blue bag of meth from Breaking Bad, to the I'm a Bill and Conductor from Conjunction Junction (so very creative let me tell you!!).

On Saturday, we went back to Freeman's Farms with our friends Amy and Brian and their little girl Avery for them to pick out some pumpkins and have a fun little photo shoot.

 photo IMG_3567_1_zps84991bf3.jpg


Avery loves her Aunt Jen and Uncle Rick (she is Rick's little buddy).

 photo IMG_3578_1_zpsa2554b6d.jpg


Such a little stinker.

 photo IMG_3569_1_zpsa6ad9213.jpg


She was a big helper and helped Rick push the pumpkins up to the weigh station.

We then headed over to Amy and Brian's new house to check out the progress and the newly installed drywall. Then it was time for a burger the size of our heads at Son of Thurmans's (and then a food coma nap!). Finally we headed over to World of Beer to meet up with some friends and watch the OSU game. It was a pretty intense game, but luckily the Bucks pulled through after a 2nd overtime.

What fun did you have this weekend? Any Halloween party plans? If so what are you going as?


 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what a great costume idea!! Love it! And Avery is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!