5 on Friday: Tis The Reason for the Season

Friday, December 12, 2014

Happy Friday! How is it that we are almost half way through December? And Christmas is in less than 2 weeks? Although I am super excited that Christmas is almost here, and I can't wait to spend time with family, I wish time would slow down a little so we can enjoy it as much as possible. Well at least slow down the weekends...ha!

I have a bunch of Christmas posts planned for next week, but today I wanted to take a moment to remember the reason for the season. This time of year we can easily get wrapped up in the material portion of the holiday season full of gift buying, decorations, etc. But it's important to take a moment to stop and remember the true meaning of Christmas. So today I wanted to share some of the ways that I'm celebrating this holiday season.

{ ONE }


She Reads Truth Advent Bible Study - I have been wanting to do a bible study, and came across this one by She Reads Truth right at the end of November. This 28 day bible study is about half way through, but each day is a quick read, so you could easily catch up. I love that it goes beyond the Christmas story and discusses God's promises of his son, including mentions before his birth from the Old Testament, as well as promises after he was born. You can join online, or you can download the app for free and it's $1.99 for the study. I love using the app because it's easy to use and you can catch up with the study anywhere you have your phone.

{ TWO }

 photo 067C1D9E-4BF3-43EC-8FAE-EB11447128CC_zpse8rtyj4f.jpg

One of my favorite Christmas decorations is this little nativity scene. I picked it up from World Market last year, and what I love most is it's very simplistic and focuses on the 3 most important characters of the Christmas story. 
{ THREE }


I love this free printable that I found on Pinterest and I printed it and have it framed in our entryway. I see it every time I walk in the front door, and it's the perfect reminder of the reason for the season.

{ FOUR }


One of my favorite Christmas songs is O Holy Night. There are so many different musicians who have produced amazing versions of this song, but my favorite has to be Mariah Carey's version. The organ highlight in the middle of the song reminds me of my Dad and listening to him play Christmas music in church growing up. I've heard a trombone version on Pandora that also reminds me of my brother, who was a trombone major in college, and played many years in church as well.

{ FIVE }


And to end on a fun note, I am totally loving this cute mug that says "All I need today is a little bit of coffee and a whole lot of Jesus." Definitely a statement I can agree with! And the perfect gift this time of season :)

And for more Friday fun, check out the Five on Friday linkup hosted by ChristinaDarciApril and Natasha.


 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!