Getting Ready for Christmas

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Merry {almost} Christmas! Can you believe Christmas is in 2 days?!? I still cannot, and although I'm not as prepared as I would like to be (OCD much?), for the most part we are ready. The gifts are wrapped, the cookies baked (kinda), and the family travel plans set. I'm planning to take the next few days off to spend time with family and friends, but wanted to share a few last moments from this weekend getting ready for Christmas.

 photo 0A847FA6-C390-44EC-8176-0F3B3C7D9EF6_zpsecskapdo.jpg


I was feeling pretty festive in my cabin leggings from White Plum over the weekend. I'll admit they were a little wild for me at first, and Rick may have asked me if I was wearing them out in public (and yes I did thank you...I took Abby to get a "Pet-icure" at the Vet and shared my festiveness with them!). My Mom said I looked cute, so that is all that really matters right? Oh and if you sign up for email you get a 10% off coupon, so you can save a little money too!

 photo 67D6B54D-C89F-4F9C-B5D8-9DE2D4629232_zps3w3fxsw7.jpg


As I mentioned the gifts are all wrapped, and I'm just loving this cute chevron and glitter snowflake paper from Target. It goes great with our burlap/red/green decor.

 photo A7743041-11C6-4502-A314-3FCA4DDD9EFD_zpsxckf8di7.jpg


On Saturday I baked sugar cookies, but I will admit I have yet to decorate them. I have plans to hopefully do this later today once I get out of work. I've been struggling with the motivation to decorate them, so I'm hoping maybe a quick drive through Starbucks and some holiday tunes will get me in the spirit. Wish me luck!

 photo C4792FE9-62A1-4ED4-91E2-8CEC85B4A9C8_zpslpynfbgh.jpg


I also managed to make 8 pans of the Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls with maple icing...yum! The plan is to share with family over the next couple of days and possibly enjoy some ourselves. They are definitely not on the recommend special belly diet I have been on lately, but it's Christmas and this is going to be my only splurge. And so worth it!!

 photo A199EB39-77E1-4A90-956C-39686A8D44BF_zpssdnhoty7.jpg


I shared my Christmas card holder the other day on our holiday home tour last week, but we've had some additions over the last week, so I wanted to share all of the fun and creative cards we have received from friends and family. One of my favorite things about the holidays is sending and receiving Christmas cards!

 photo 00752F65-F4AD-427A-87EC-705147594BF5_zps6qrvympa.jpg


Not completely Christmas related, but over the weekend Rick and I celebrated our 6 month wedding anniversary. Since we are saving up for our trip to Puerto Rico in a few weeks, we celebrated with an ice cream date at Jeni's.

 photo C09FD2EC-893F-43F9-86E7-1AA3F8281E04_zpsy5ducmah.jpg


I had the Middle West Whisky Eggnog and the Dark Chocolate Peppermint. The eggnog ice cream tasted just like eggnog and I just loved it! The dark chocolate peppermint was really good, but very rich. It tasted just like a decadent peppermint hot chocolate. We may need to have another ice cream date soon before these seasonal favorites go away.

 photo B82A771D-E3D7-47B0-B7D9-1F9B4E315805_zpsdqeczv52.jpg


One of my favorite things to do before I head off to bed is turn off the TV and the lights and just sit and stare at our tree and enjoy a little quite time.

Thank you to everyone who has supported us and our little blog. We really appreciated everyone who has stopped by and especially those who have left encouraging comments. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas!!


 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!