Our 2014 Christmas Ornaments

Friday, December 19, 2014

Happy Friday all! And happy weekend before Christmas. I first want to thank everyone for their kind comments on our Christmas decorations and our Christmas card which I shared this week. These are two things I look forward to every year, and your comments just made my day.

Since today is Friday, and it's 5 on Friday, I thought I would share some (5 + a bonus) of the new ornaments we collected this year. Rick and I started a tradition our first Christmas of collecting ornaments based on our travels and other important events and milestones in our relationship. My favorite part of decorating our tree is pulling out these special ornaments and remembering all of the great memories we had while collecting them. 

{ ONE }

 photo IMG_3729_1_zpsb6ff7692.jpg

My favorite ornament last year was our Engaged ornament (which you can see a little of in the lower right-hand corner). This year my favorite is the Our First Married Christmas ornament. I searched all over Etsy and just loved this one the moment I saw it.

 photo IMG_3736_1_zpsa037db82.jpg

Kelly at Whatchawant Design was great to work with, and she is willing to personalized anything in her shop to whatever colors or copy you want. I had her personalize the back with our names and wedding date. 

{ TWO }

 photo IMG_3727_1_zpsfc7a3c41.jpg

This ornament was picked up during our trip to Williamsburg, VA, which was part of our honeymoon.

{ THREE }

 photo IMG_3732_1_zps01ecb113.jpg

This ornament was picked up during our trip to Virginia Beach, also part of our honeymoon.

{ FOUR }

 photo IMG_3728_1_zps10c3785e.jpg

This ornament was picked up during our trip to Folly Beach, again part of our honeymoon. We missed out on a Charleston ornament, so this one is going to have to represent both the beach and Charleston.

{ FIVE}

 photo 7615C9F5-9528-4F8D-B192-FD66C8DD1416_zpsw8hluner.jpg

This is not part of our travels, but a tradition we wanted to start this year. I really wanted to start a special ornament collection to represent each year of our marriage. I just loved the Swarovski Crystal Snowflake collection, so Rick purchased the 2014 ornament for me. Right now it's hanging on my Favorite Things tree in our Master Bedroom, but I'm hoping someday to have a tree full of them.

{ BONUS }

 photo IMG_3734_1_zpscbf7054c.jpg

This ornament really has no significance to it, other than it's a dog and we love dogs. I just came across this one at Target a few weeks ago, and just had to add it to our collection. It looked to be a beagle to me, and you know how I love beagles :)

P.S. You can find last year's ornaments here.

And for more Friday fun, check out the Five on Friday linkup hosted by ChristinaDarciApril and Natasha.



 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. What great ornaments!! We got 2 "First Christmas" ornaments for our wedding and I just love them!! Funny, we don't have a Charleston ornament either, but we bought tons for friends as gifts! The closest we have is a Firefly barrel... priorities :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them all! And I love that y'all collect ornaments that mean something to y'all! I've got a few that mean something but most are just for decorations. Love the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The special ornaments that bring back great memories are the best! I collect ornaments on every vacation so that I can relieve the memories when I hang them on the tree each year :)
    xoxo B | The Sequin Notebook holiday card link-up!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!