Thanksgiving 2014 Recap

Monday, December 1, 2014

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend and was able to visit with family/friends and eat lots of turkey. We spent Thanksgiving at my Aunt and Uncle's house and although I was a little bummed about not hosting this year, I was actually slightly thrilled to not have to worry about all of the planning, prepping and cleaning involved with hosting Thanksgiving. We are hoping to have some friends over this weekend for a late Friendsgiving/Holiday party, so I'll get my chance to flex my hosting skills then. But for now, let's recap our 4 day weekend.

 photo B4086CB9-440B-49CC-B42C-0D10AA0FA19E_zpspohqxrhh.jpg


My contribution to our Thanksgiving was or 2nd annual veggie turkey (you can find last year's here), and one of my favorite sides - Sweet Potato Souffle. Again this year, Rick helped me with the veggie turkey. His biggest contribution is making the turkey head/gobbler and the feet. He does a pretty good job :)

 photo IMG_3625_1_zps2f252fa3.jpg


There were 26 people in attendance at this year's Thanksgiving at my Aunt and Uncle's house. They recently moved, and thankfully their new home has tons of room for everyone to eat and then hang out after lunch.

 photo IMG_3626_1_zpsf11bd00f.jpg


We haven't had much of a chance to catch up with my extended family in a while, so it was really nice to be able to catch up with everyone and just relax, and of course eat lots of yummy food!

 photo IMG_3627_1_zpsf95c31fd.jpg

It was also a lot of fun to spend time with this cutie...

 photo IMG_3630_1_zps952e88c4.jpg


...and this young man, who is now 8! I will have to recap his birthday later on this week.

 photo IMG_3632_1_zpsfc9b53b2.jpg


My cousin had a little girl the week before we got married, and I can't believe how big she is getting. It was so much fun to watch the kids interact with her. They loved playing with her.

 photo IMG_3633_1_zps5835dc7d.jpg


Rick snuck this picture of me, while my nephew and my Mom were apparently deep in discussion beside me.

 photo IMG_3636_1_zpsf69f8d5e.jpg


My daddy.

 photo IMG_3637_1_zps7104bd37.jpg


My Aunt and Uncle have this pup named Marley who is practically the size of Rick. One time we came to visit and I had Abby with me and she was scared to death of this dog. She actually behaved for once. I told Rick we may need to get a dog like this to keep Abby in line...ha!

 photo IMG_3639_1_zpsc6009406.jpg


My other cousin's daughter Allie found this large teddy bear and was taking it all over the house.

 photo IMG_3641_1_zpsfe91133a.jpg


We then had a few family pictures. My camera wasn't liking the lighting, so they didn't turn out like I had hoped, but it's good to at least have them. Our first Married Thanksgiving together.

 photo IMG_3643_1_zps4098ba78.jpg


My Momma and Dad.

 photo IMG_3645_1_zps51549afe.jpg


And my cute Grandparents. Just love them!

We spent Saturday in Medina having Thanksgiving with Rick's parents. So it definitly was a weekend of good eats!

Other happenings this weekend...we finally broke down and purchased a faux Christmas tree. We have had 2 bad experiences with real Christmas trees, and decided that maybe they just weren't for us. So we both decided maybe faux was the way to go. We purchased this tree at Home Depot on Wednesday.

I had strong opinions about putting up Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving, but caved and had Rick at least put up the tree and make sure all of the lights work Wednesday evening. We didn't hang any ornaments though, and left the Fall decor all up until Friday. I then spent a good part of the day on Friday putting away all of the Fall decor, and getting out all of the Christmas decor.

Our decorating is almost complete, but our tree still needs to be finished. We have been taking our time and putting up a few ornaments here and there. It will probably take us 5 days to get this done, but we are in no hurry...as long as it's done by Saturday when company is coming over...ha!

 photo 3B168C5D-567B-4FDA-AB01-EBB756DDEFB5_zpskoimytlb.jpg


Abby loves sleeping by (or even under) the tree, and I caught her and Rick having a moment the other night, with Bryn looking on (and probably super jealous).

 photo C7432A3A-EB9E-41D6-B495-0FE9ACEE1503_zpsxrdpre2w.jpg

The puppies did their part to help us decorate, as shown in the photo above.

I'm hoping to share our decor in the next week or two, as soon as I feel it's fully complete...or complete enough.

How was your Thanksgiving? Did you score any great Black Friday sales? I got some more candles at Bath & Body Works and some Christmas decor at World Market. And I purchased my first gift! I consider that some sort of progress :)
 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. You look so happy!!! How nice to get everyone together. Your veggie turkey looks fantastic. I definitely might be stealing that one next time we are up north for Thanksgiving. Any Christmas veggie tray ideas? ;)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!