Five on Friday: Healthy Game Day Eats!

Friday, January 30, 2015

I've totally been in the mood for appetizers lately. You know like an entire meal made of appetizers...like ordering an appetizer platter at your favorite restaurant and making that your dinner. Anyone else love to do this? 

So with the Super Bowl coming up this weekend I thought why not make an entire dinner of just appetizers, or who knows maybe we will have appetizers for both lunch and dinner on Sunday. While looking for ideas on Pinterest, I came across these healthier versions of some of our favorite appetizers and I am definitely going to try a few of these this weekend. I'll be sure to share next week which ones were winners (I'm working on a menu planning post sharing some of our favorite recipes from this last month), but wanted to share all of these today in case anyone else had a craving for appetizers for dinner. 


1. Thai Sticky Chicken Fingers from Iowa Girl Eats

2. Sweet Potato Nachos from Paleo Grubs

3. Skinny Taco Dip from Damn Delicious

4. Buffalo Chicken Quiona Bites from Nature Box

5. Baked Zucchini Sticks from Skinny Taste

I've made the sweet potato nachos before and they are pretty easy and really good...very filling too! I'm definitely planning on making those and I've already got the ingredients for the Buffalo Chicken Quiona Bites. Debating on trying out the Thai Sticky Chicken Fingers or those Baked Zucchini Bites which look just like cheese straws. Oh who are we kidding, I want to try them all!

What are your favorite healthy appetizers? Has anyone tried any of these recipes and if so, what did you think?

Happy Friday!

And for more Friday fun, check out the Five on Friday linkup hosted by ChristinaDarciApril and Natasha.

 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. I did this for lunch on Monday :) I love anything with buffalo chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, those buffalo chicken quinoa bites sound so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh this is making me so hungry! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!