Ringing in 2015 + 5 On Friday Goals

Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy Friday! Hope you all had a great first day of the new year. We are both in the process of getting over some nasty colds, so things were pretty low-key for us. Probably a good thing because beginning next week things are going to start getting busy again.

 photo 8086CBCE-1EED-4332-A322-2F7836AD436D_zpsibukqoxg.jpg


We did get somewhat dressed up and had dinner at J. Lui on New Year's Eve. We haven't really left the house much this last week (other than heading into work a few days), so I thought it would be nice to get out and have a nice dinner.

 photo 73A87489-9DD2-4BCD-BBB3-2658DFA34440_zpsy5am6snr.jpg


I did put on a few sparkles, including my new Kate Spade glitter earrings from my Secret Santa...love them!

 photo IMG_3877_1_zps4342653c.jpg


We then headed home to watch the ball drop with some champs and a little dessert. While waiting for midnight, we tested out the self-timer on my camera with a little photo shoot by the tree. We then topped off the night with shots of NyQuil and then headed to bed. Yep crazy night for us! Cheers to better health in 2015!!

 photo 2015Goals_zps0b87a28b.jpg


Speaking of 2015...I'm not a huge fan of New Year's resolutions, but I feel like I always have some sort of list of goals I want to accomplish going on in my head at all times. Right now these are a few of the goals that I am working towards:

ONE //  Get Organized & Focus
I feel like I've been a little all over the place and have had a hard time focusing lately. I really need to work on my time management skills and get organized. There are a few house projects I want to focus on, and I desperately need to get my computer and photos organized. Oh and maybe clean out the 1,000+ unread emails in my Inbox...to name a few.

TWO //  Travel More
I would love to travel more, especially before we decide to have kids. We have a big trip coming up to Puerto Rico, and then we talked about maybe taking a few small weekend trips throughout the year. I would rather take a few smaller trips and see a few more places than take another big trip and see one place, so we will just have to see what our future holds.

THREE // Budget & Save Money
You could say 2014 was the year of bills. Between paying for the wedding, vet bills, medical bills and a few other unexpected bills, I feel like 2014 was a pretty expensive year. We both agreed it's time to budget and focus on paying things off, and then start building up our savings again. This will definitely put a wrench into our "travel more" goal, but I'm bound and determined to figure out how to still enjoy life on a limited budget. If I find the key to this success, I'll be sure to share :)

FOUR // Find my Niche
I love being creative, but I feel like lately my hobbies are just all over the place. I want to find that one thing that I'm good at and put some focus into honing my craft. I love photography, decorating and DIY projects, so I'm going to start there. I also want to work on my blog a little more and figure out what direction I want to go in for 2015. Right now it's a little all over the place, and I don't want to get away from the main purpose of documenting our lives. But I do want to focus a little more and find out my place in this big world of blogging.

FIVE // Enjoy the Moment
The last few months I feel like I've been stressing out more than I should and not really enjoying the moment. I want to stop waiting for the weekend and start enjoying all of life's little moments. I'm still trying to figure out how to do this, but again if I figure it out I'll be sure to share. Any advice is welcome here!

BONUS // Sending Snail Mail
It's 5 on Friday, so I tried to keep it to 5, but just thought of a 6th that I'm just going to call my bonus goal (#OCDproblems). I love getting something other than bills in the mail, so I want to pay it forward and send more snail mail to my friends and family. Whether it's a birthday card, or just a "Thinking of You" card, I think snail mail is the best way to brighten someones day. I especially want to start sending more snail mail to my Grandparents, who I unfortunately do not see very often.

 photo IMG_3876_1_zps65a25085.jpg


And I'll leave you with one last shot from our little NYE photo shoot. The pups were all about getting in our business while trying to take pictures. I almost peed my pants when I saw this little photo bomber in the background. He's like...what's going on guys?!?"

And for more Friday fun, check out the Five on Friday linkup hosted by Christina, Darci, April and Natasha.

 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg


http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! That last photo is priceless! Love your new earrings! And great goals for a new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great goals! And I LOVE those earrings and necklace :)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!