What I'm Loving Lately: Planners, Juices and Jewels!

Friday, January 16, 2015

It's Friday! Let's start things off by chatting about some things I'm loving lately...

{ ONE }

 photo CF46DC3E-DFF6-4E1C-9F09-4AED3D78A4B4_zps911zf9te.jpg

This year I ordered my planner from Plum Paper. I loved the customization options and the fact it was almost half the price of the Erin Condren planners, which I have used the last 2 years. I'm planning on doing a post soon after I've had a chance to use it a little bit, so more to come.

{ TWO }

 photo 15546ECB-8586-4285-8256-03514F63B237_zpsqpprmo7x.jpg

We had some amazing food in Puerto Rico last week, but now I'm starting to feel the hurt from splurging a little too much. Lots of lean meat and veggies have been on the menu this week. I've also started juicing again, which is a great way to get your fruits and veggies. I got this delicious salad and fresh juice at Earth Fare earlier in the week. I was super excited to find out they had a juice bar in the store, and you can get $1 off juices during their happy hour from 2-4 pm every day. I will definitly be hitting that up again soon! The juice had beets, carrots, apples, ginger and parsley. I just loved the bright pink color from the beets.

 photo SweetPotatoJuice_zps3af5f0e7.jpg

I have also been trying out some new juices at home and this Sweet Potato Juice is one of my new favorites. It kind of tastes like Pumpkin Pie (especially if you only use 1 apple instead of 2). It's a sweeter juice, so it's the perfect way to jump into juicing if you aren't sure if you will like the taste. Some of the veggie/green juices can taste a little bitter/earthy, and require a little time to get used to (or at least that is the case with me).

Sweet Potato Juice:
-- 1 small sweet potato
-- 2 apples (or you could do 1 for a more Pumpkin Pie flavor)
-- 1/2" piece of ginger
-- 2 small/medium carrots
-- Sprinkle of cinnamon

{ THREE }

 photo CC86BDAF-F91B-40A9-861E-70FADC46E257_zpsdmlm1ves.jpg


At the end of December, I came across an offer to try RocksBox for $9 for 1 month. I keep hearing about this monthly subscription box and wanted to see what it was all about. I actually wore my jewelry in Puerto Rico for our friend's wedding last weekend. I wanted to dedicate a post to this, so I'll reveal my jewels sometime next week. I love the little "Shine" necklace which they included as a little Thank You gift.

{ FOUR }


Thanks to the Buckeye's for making it to (and winning) the National Championship, our local Starbucks was offering a new drink to celebrate...the Buckeye Mocha. It's a combination of Mocha and Hazelnut syrup, and it tastes just like a very decadent hot chocolate. Not sure how long they will be offering this drink, but I'm sure you could order it anytime/anywhere. Just ask them to special make it for you. It's delish!

{ FIVE }

 photo 5CEDD20D-DC23-4306-B7DF-DE8DBFC25538_zpsjrxdvham.jpg

While we were in Puerto Rico, the pups were visiting their Grandparents on the farm. They enjoyed a week of sammiches, treats, unlimited trips outside to sniff, and snoozes on their individual pillow beds. They are completely exhausted, and a little sad to no longer be receiving VIP treatment, but we are sure glad to have them back home. Well, expect for this whole walking them outside in negative temps situation. I could do without that...ha! Come on Spring! We are ready for you!!

Happy Friday everyone!

And for more Friday fun, check out the Five on Friday linkup hosted by ChristinaDarciApril and Natasha.


 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. That's exactly how my three dogs are after a little bit of time with their grandparents (specifically, my father-in-law)! They get so many treats when he comes to visit, and one of them prefers sleeping with him in his bed, rather than downstairs on our bed! They also get very sad when he leaves- the youngest (the one that will sleep with him), we have to crate if we go anywhere for the day, because she acts out the first day or so he's gone!! -Dorrie @ Bear Den Plantation

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the exact same planner ordered except I changed the monogram to pink! Can't wait to see how you like yours!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!