A Pinterest Inspired Valentine's Day

Thursday, February 19, 2015

I am a huge fan of Pinterest, and literally use it as my source for everything. From DIY/crafts, to outfits, to recipes, to gift ideas, you can find anything and everything on Pinterest.

As I was working up ideas for Anne's Pin to Present linkup, I realized almost our entire Valentine's Day was thanks to Pinterest.

 photo IMG_4362_1_zpsd2d8b5ed.jpg

Rick's present to me was this wooden "H" that I am very excited about using as a part of a gallery wall I'm dreaming up. I originally came across this Pin about 6 months ago and had shown it to him a couple of times. I might have also mentioned recently this would be a great gift idea, and he took the hint and figured out how to make one. I love how it turned out and can't wait to hang it on our gallery wall (now just need to finish printing wedding/pictures and collecting frames...next project!!).

 photo IMG_4346_1_zpsf5f315ca.jpg

In the meantime it's just hanging out in front of our festive Valentine's Day fireplace. In another week or so I'll have to start thinking of St. Patrick's day decor :)

 photo A6B382F7-6521-4E61-8A4B-966B4EAC8364_zpsp8h3pgqg.jpg

Another Pin I came across, and have been saving for a while is this glitter nail art. I actually remember seeing this on a blog last year but never got around to trying it. After receiving this fun red and gold glitter polish in my February Julep box, I just had to try it.

 photo Nails_zps43962836.jpg


You could really do this with any shape, or even stripes. Here's how you do it in a few easy steps.

1. Gather your supplies:


Then apply your base coat, polish and top coat, and then let your nails completely dry. If you use a quick drying top coat like I did, you can move onto the next step within an hour or so. Or you can wait until the next day to paint your accent nail.

2. Take a small piece of washi tape and cut out your design. I folded mine in half and cut out half a heart shape, making sure to not cut the folded line. Then apply the tape to your accent nail and press down really well. Then just paint with your accent color in thin coats over the stencil.

3. Carefully peel the tape off, let dry a few mins and then apply another top coat. Then show off your cute nails!

 photo 6BDC04AC-CAFB-49D1-B740-2337730BEC6C_zps6bwdbpit.jpg

Another Pinterest inspiration was our fancy meal for the night. We enjoyed Steak with Rosemary Red Wine Butter and Honey-Candied Oven Glazed Carrots, along with some homemade mashed potatoes. This meal was so good, and we basically ended up putting that Rosemary Red Wine butter on everything...even left-overs the next day! Ha!

 photo IMG_4329_1_zpse6a54fc5.jpg

The only thing not Pinterest-inspired was dessert. Gigi's Cupcakes for the win though!


 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. Aww what a great Valentine's Day!! That H is fantastic and I love the glitter nail art :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much good stuff here! Pinterest is a great place for Valentine's Day... love the nail art and your H. Pretty sure I need some rosemary red wine butter in my life now too. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinterest is just so addicting, isn't it? I'm guilty of pinning MANY things, but doing very few :) I love your new wood letter! And your Valentine's Day dinner - yum!! Can you ever go wrong with fancy butter? Swinging over from the Pin to Present link up!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!