Motivational Monday - Fitness Edition

Monday, February 23, 2015

Happy Monday! I've spent the last 4 days couped up in our house, so I was actually rather excited to put on some real pants (other than yoga pants), and come into work...ha! I guess snow storms will do that to you, and we all, including the puppies, are starting to get a little cabin fever.


{ via }

Today I wanted to share some workout motivation. I'm actually getting ready to start a new fitness program next week and am working on getting myself motivated to get started. They say that 90% is mental and 10% is physical, so positive motivation is the key. 


{ via }

One of my goals is to start getting up every morning and completing a workout. I am totally not a morning person, and hardly ever work out in the morning, except on the weekends, and that's usually not until at least 11 am (does that still count as morning?). 


{ via }

I actually started the fitness part of it today and begin the nutrition part next Monday. This morning was my first morning workout and I got up at 6:30 am to get in my sweat session. It wasn't too bad and I actually feel energized this morning. Of course check in with me around 3 or 4 pm to see if I am ready for a snooze-fest.



{ via }

I'm hoping to share my fitness journey, but of course still figuring out how much to share. This is sort of a personal thing for me, and I tend to get criticized whenever I talk about working out because I'm already a naturally thin person. But that doesn't mean that I don't have areas that I want to tone up or work on. It doesn't mean that I have the luxury of sitting on my bum eating Girl Scout cookies all day long. Skinny girls need to workout too, and my goal is to target some areas and work on getting stronger.


{ via }

I'm really excited about this journey, but also kind of nervous. I'm taking part in a challenge group, so I have 14 other girls holding me accountable during the next few weeks. I've never done anything like this before, so I'm hoping this will hold me a little more accountable and becomes something that I stick with.


{ via }

I'll leave you with one of my favorite fitness motivations...I mean who doesn't love Ryan Gosling and puppies?

What are your fitness goals? Do you tend to workout in the morning or an evening? What gets you motivated to workout?

 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. Skinny girls definitely need to work out too! Its about muscle tone -- and for when those fast metabolism days are behind you and believe you me, they will end one of these days. I am struggling because the things that worked for me at 27 to lose weight and get in shape, don't necessarily work at 37. Which makes me wonder about 47 -- yikes!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!