Friday Love

Friday, April 17, 2015

Happy Friday! Let's kick-off the weekend with some Friday favorites.

{ ONE }

 photo 4A17CFE1-F709-499E-AFBA-DFE599CF9007_zpsfwmb2fmb.jpg

Last week Shopbop had a big sale and everything was 25% off. I took the opportunity to get my first ever Kate Spade bag. I just love the bright blue color and the scallops. It's a little bigger than I expected, more of a tote bag than a purse, but that didn't stop me from swapping out my stuff to use it as a purse. Gives me the opportunity to lug around more stuff like my planner, my Nook, water bottle, makeup bag, snacks...yes I'm one of those people that likes to be prepared and carry everything with me.

{ TWO }

 photo IMG_4775_1_zpsnay8ndib.jpg

I got this striped blazer at Target a few weeks ago and I am obsessed with it. Its a really soft textured knit material so it is really comfortable to wear, not stiff like many other blazers, but looks really dressed up. I wore this outfit the other day when I traveled to Chicago for a work event and it was comfortable on the plane, but really dressed up my jeans and I thought looked like a good combination of professional and casual.

{ THREE }

 photo 48C68DCC-F6B2-4D2F-9EC9-C56B4D7F835C_zpsbttqalyy.jpg

It finally warmed up enough to bring our furniture out on the deck. I'm so excited to be able to sit out on the deck in the afternoons in the warm sun to grill out, enjoy cocktails and spend some quite time catching up with a good book. I just recently started reading Giuliana Rancic's new book Going Off Script, and so far I'm loving it. I've always been a fan of Giuliana and Bill, so I was really excited when this book came out.

{ FOUR }

 photo 40577BCA-F41A-439A-8664-FC4F22EA7BCE_zpswg8ids6l.jpg

I just had to share my new pink glitter monogrammed water bottle. I found it on Etsy, and it really does make working out so much more fun.

{ FIVE }

 photo a617a6f5c90a511ab97e008cdde408cf_zpsy4rfow0h.jpg

I came across this Strawberry Basil Margarita a few weeks ago and think this weekend would be the perfect time to try it. We have all of the ingredients on hand, so why not. I think I might try to use honey instead of the simple syrup to make it a little more healthy, so we shall see how that works out.

{ BONUS }



I love the show Fixer Upper, and especially love Joanna Gaines. She seems like such a genuine person, and has amazing style. What I would give to have her and Chip come to Ohio to makeover our home. The other day I came across this interview, and have watched it approx 150 times. I have so needed to hear this as I've had many struggles with the fear of failure and worrying about what people may think. But God has a purpose for me, and for you, so we all just need to trust in him and follow our hearts.

 photo Signature_zpscc87bf0f.jpg

http://www.buttonshut.com/ Follow Me on Instagram Follow Me on Pinterest Follow Me on Twitter

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the combo of strawberry and basil!! I bought some strawberry basil jam recently and it's been my favorite on everything!! I also especially love that blazer and you can't beat the price!! Have a great weekend, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that bag is so perfect for spring! I love the scalloped edges!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!